Help please

i made a lego yoyo but it spins not that much what shoud i do

1 Like

…ummm post pictures?!

1 Like

Can you post a picture? It would help to see it, and I’m very curious :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. This sounds like a fun project

here is a photo.

6 Likes

That’s Cool!
It looks like you have a fixed axle with that yoyo. I wouldn’t expect it to spin for very long.

It would be cool if you found a way to put a bearing in there… Maybe if you found a away to use a bearing seat?

1 Like

that is super cool looking!

the fixed axle and GIGANTIC gap means you wont get much power out of a throw unless your string is crazy long.

find a way to shrink the gap and it will improve, but the fixed axle will limit the spin times.

2 Likes

This is super sick either way. Maybe try adding some weight to the rims with other pieces? If you could find a way to add a spacer kit with a bearing or something that would be your key, but again it’s still really cool the way it sits

1 Like

Looks great! The middle axle where the string rides is too thick. That gap needs to be as close to 3mm as possible. And if you want it to sleep it needs to be a smooth axle so the string can spin freely.

Like this

3 Likes

I would recommend using a stick piece for the yoyo bearing. As in like the very thin rods that can be held by minifigs. It will still be able to thread the technic pieces together. This won’t help with yoyo durability as there will be less friction to hold the assembly together (unless you use those round 2x2’s that also have the technic slot in the middle on the outside of the satellite pieces) but it should improve performance a bit

1 Like