Help - New in yoyo-ing - Stucked

I saw that usually strings are made from 6/8 threads… Will be any problem if i make them from 4/5 threads? Expecting that it will break faster.

Update: I think i can keep in trapeze 3-4 seconds:

If you use polyester instead of cotton, 5 threads shouldn’t be a problem. Try it out and see for yourself. If twisted to right amount, it should give you more space in the tiny gap…
Good job on a trapeze!

I discovered the problem… It makes that sound and stops only when second string touch the bearing… I tried this on elevator… When I don’t touch the bearing with second string it spins 100% normal, when it touch the bearing it loose spin and make a noise.

yoyospirit said to clean my bearing… If I would clean it, it will make same noise? I say from now, if I clean it i don’t have a lub for it, so it’s a risk.

I made some poly strings. I made a 100% poly 6 threads and is very thick, it is exactly the same of the gap, and for some reasone, yoyo become unresponsive and it touch the gap, so it can’t sleep more than 4 seconds. Then, I made 100% poly 4 threads, this is thick, but not the same as first, but when I use it yoyo is very unresponsive, and if I try to bind I can’t because it doesn’t sleep much on string, like it happen on trapeze.
Finnaly, I made a 50/50 string - 2 threads poly, 2 threads cotton - and it seems to play good, but if I let yoyo in sleeper more than 2 seconds it won’t come back…
I think that i’m going crazy… Until now I can’t stay on trapeze and I don’t have good strings… At least I learned Boomerang, or something like that because i can’t touch the string more than 3 times and i don’t put my hands close until it touch the string because it hurt… My first finger on left hand and middle finger on yoyo hand are red… I will try to practice more… :-X

double post… :slight_smile:

Yes you could try and clean the bearing, yoyospirit obviously knows what he is talking about, while I never actually tried the XT. There are household substitutes for lube - sewing machine oil, gun oil, basically anything that is greasy and doesn’t contain water (cooking oil would do also, if you don’t find anything else). just lube lightly first, try it out, and add more if the yoyo is too unresponsive for you.
Having said that, you worry too much. Just throw yoyo and chill :slight_smile:
the only real issue you might be having is homemade string (degre of twist). But if your string ia actually nice and smoth, than all you need is practice …

edit: oh, and you can modify your posts - no need for triple ones

I didn’t know about the modify button. I think that I kipped on trapeze about 7 seconds, but i needto turnaroun to throw it straight, then turn back.

LE How can i clean my bearing without mineral spirit?

Bump! How can i clean my yoyo without mineral spirits?

LE: I cleaned it with sanitar alcohol (that blue thing - 70% alcohol) and when I keep it on a pencil the bearing spins with 1-2 seconds more… I will try to clean it later with that thing that you put in painting to make it more liquid (I don’t know how it’s called in English) and I think that I will put some oil that my father use for bearings and anything that spins (at car)…

LE2: Once I have my bearing cleaned, i saw that I don’t have thin oil, just very very thick one… I put some cooking oil inside my bearing and I don’t see a very big differenece… I almost don’t see any diference…
And I need some help :smiley: I saw that Stop & Go is a simple trick so I decided to learn it… Once i cath my yoyo in hand, when I drop it, it doesn’t spin, just fall off like a rock :expressionless: . Any tips?

I use ‘‘medical gasoline’’ (at least this is what it is referred to in my country) and it can be found in pharmacies. People also use lighter fluid, acetone or wd40. Make sure you are in well ventilated area when doing this and avoid skin contact. Ask adult to help you
Don’t use cleaners that contain water because they can cause rust

Yeah, ‘medical gasoline’… A blue color…
I bought some thin lube from a car shop, i cleaned my bearing, i lubed it, but now it’s always making noise… And no, this noise is not from touching the sides of the yoyo… Is a constant noise, in sleeper and every trick… Why is this? Should I ignore it?

the colour of the bottle varies from one manufacturer to another I guess.

That is probably normal bearing noise when cleaned. Don’t worry about it.

Ok, you make me happy :smiley: … I was worried about it.

LE: If I use home-made poly string, in 1-2 days it becomes to don’t work as good as it worked at first throw… It because to make a “snap” when I throw it, and it comes of the yoyo instantly, is not “rolling” on it…
Sorry for my bad english, I am in hurry :smiley: .

If you are asking why your string wears it, it’s because of use. It happens. That is the reason why you buy multiple strings at once. Some string work better than others, though. So, pick which ones you would like to use.