Help me with game ideas!

Venice could be really interesting. That’s going on the list.

That’s the plan! A lot more realism in survival, it’s still a zombie game so it can’t be too realistic though XD

Lol. Some Neo-Nazi guy who’s a zombie somewhere.

And yeah I plan on not having just one city, and the tropical island thing is really generic too.

I don’t think I’ll have much dialog, there probably won’t be any main plot surrounding the player. You will be able to talk to other survivors though.

Also not being too excessive is important. I’ve been doing a lot more research on common urban weapons.

Bump. I’m considering having vehicles inside the game. Vehicles would be awesome, but the big problem is it’s really hard to steer a vehicle in a roguelike environment.

If you put sports cars/low riding vehicles in then yea, they would have some major trouble getting through sand/rubble(like the senteniels in gta) But if you ALSO had pickup trucks/offroad vehicles they may struggle but not too much. Also consider that there is always that one guy that is super parinoid and buys doomsday prep gear, and if it is in an area with a desert then 50-60% of people usually have offroad ‘toys’.

Perspective, I would help you a lot more, but I’m currently working on a team to develop an indie CryEngine first-person stealth game. I would help, but all my game development is currently focused on that.

Actually what I meant was that Roguelikes in general don’t work well for carefully steering a vehicle because the whole game takes place on a grid and is turn based. But yeah offroad vehicles would be neat.

Sounds neat! I hope your project goes well. I’m planning on programming my game in C#. It won’t be 3d, just topdown 2d.

I LOVE turn based rpgs sounds a lot like Tom Clancey’s Endwar play wise.

Me too! I find with turn based games there’s just a lot more strategy involved. The weird thing I find with most roguelikes though is that they’ll have a LOT of combat, but it’s actually really boring combat because you don’t get to choose any attacks. That’s why I plan on cutting down the combat a bit so it’s not completely constant, but making it more interesting when it does happen.

Are you planning on writing your own engine?

Yes. That’s part of the fun XD I’ve already got a moderately good Roguelike engine I’ve made, but I think I’ll be making a new better one for this game.

I guess if you can have fun with the coding of an engine, then go for it! Personally, I could never do it, as I hate coding.