Help me find this freestyle!

Hey all! I’m looking for a specific freestyle that has a very specific kind of trick.

If you’re active on a couple of discords you’ve probably seen me asking around if anyone could identify a freestyle I’m looking for

The particular freestyle I’m thinking of has this trick:

Think sticking the leg over the string with your nth outside during a hop, then bringing it back in when you hop again

During a combo where they also do a vanish which is also under the leg, or at least I’m fairly certain that’s how they follow it up.

If memory serves me right, it’s not a behind-the-back combo, nor is it zontals

It’s specifically hopping the yoyo outside from under one leg, it’s very possible it was started with a frontstyle throw

I don’t remember it happening with any new freestyles, and I’m fairly certain the range is between 2014-2019, but I could be dead wrong.

I haven’t seen it in any of Yuki Nishisako’s or Evan Nagao’s freestyles, some people have mentioned Daniel Kim, but I don’t think it’s him because the version I’m thinking of is more hype, and not as chill as he yoyos.

3 Likes

My first hunch when you said a leg trick was Zach gormley’s 2015 world’s freestyle but looking at the sequence it doesn’t look quite right 2015World 1A Final 01 Zach Gormley - YouTube

nope, not this

Think more hopping/zoning.

I think i vaguely remember this one, is it from old japanese yoyo contest? Maybe a sarvanters leg variation trick.

I don’t think it is but its possible

You think its this one?? An year off from ur timeline and Connor does some under the leg stuff at the end

1 Like

When you do find it you gotta let us know