Help me choose one

Hello guys, im a new yoyo player and i started with a good plastic yoyo, but now i can make some good tricks and combos, so i want to upgrade my yoyo to a metal yoyo.

Which of these options below do you recommend the most?

MagicYoyo V5 is a option too. If you have a other recommendation please, send it.

I really fell prepare to a metal yoyo

2 Likes

Y03 hertz for sure!

1 Like

Go with the Yoyofriends shortcut. It’s a bit more expensive but way better. Nothing really against magic Yoyo but you do get what you pay for.

3 Likes

Me personally, I would go with something not magic yoyo. If you had to choose one of those, probably the y03 hertz

2 Likes

hi, thanks for the recommendation, but the problem is that I live in Brazil and buying yoyos by importing them is very bad, for example, this yoyo that you recommended to me is 34 dollars, but shipping is 120 dollars, that doesn’t make sense For me, it’s very expensive. It would be 34 dollars for the yoyo plus 120 for shipping, not counting the tax that we sometimes have to pay on imports. So here in my country we generally buy in national stores, I researched and they don’t have this model, unfortunately.

It’s the option I like the most

YO3 Hertz for sure.

2 Likes

Magic Yoyo is the brand we have most in Brazilian stores and buying nationally is much better, as yoyo shipping to Brazil almost always amounts to more than 100 dollars. In stores like YoyoFactory, shipping is cheaper but it is still more expensive than Yoyo. Not to mention that the dollar is 5 times more expensive than the Real (Brazilian currency)

1 Like

Oh yeah…. That won’t work. You can find The shortcut on a certain other online retailer (it carries more than yo-yos) that may have cheaper shipping, but the options that you were looking at will work just fine.

Hertz case closed

1 Like

Hertz is a great yoyo, and nothing wrong with magicyoyo they have some QC issues on pads and bearings but yoyos themselves are “almost” always fine. For a lot of people its one of the best options and still one I suggest for almost anyone looking to get into 3A too. The value you get not only in the yoyo but all extras is almost impossible to beat outside of similar companies.

Yyf has plenty of good budget yoyos. If you want a good metal yoyo, definitely do a lot of research and get something from yyf. The magic z02 yoyo is also one of the best budget bimetal, which I recommend if you want a more structured yoyo.

Y03 is the one i have heard the most about and I’ve heard good things about it too. I have no experience with any of them personally but that’s the one i would recommend.

Other good beginner metals can be found with the Shortcut by yyfr, Krown 6061, Scintillator, Epiphanon, Cyber Crash 2 (all 4 of which are made by C3 and can vet), and the Shutter or Spotlight Ultra by yyf (the Spultra is obviously more expensive but will stay with you for a long time). Of the yoyos i listed i enjoy the Krown and Spultra the most, for what it’s worth.

And yeah, the cheap magic yoyos look like a steal, which it kinda is for the price, but not worth it. They are barley wide and are not very stable