Have never swung a Yo-Yo before, looking for one

I’m a 6 month old fetus in the yoyo world, so I need a Yoyo.
I have considered the following:
Fast 201
Sage
Merlin YoYoking
DV888

Still, I want a fancy unresponsive one, so is there anything on one drop that is usable by me?

Sorry in advance

I say get a Dv888 for sure. Great choice for beginner unresponsive play, it was my first all metal yoyo. YYF Replay Pro would also be an option but when you say “fancy” I’m guessing that’s not quite what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Isn’t the new 2014 model responsive? Or do you mean the unresponsive pro pack? Either way I’ll go with that

Well I would get the $35 one if I were you, since it comes with the unresponsive bearing and all that other stuff. Cause the regular DV888 without all that stuff is $5 more, so might as well get the one that comes with all the stuff and is cheaper. I recommend it because the DV888 is just a cut above the rest of the other yoyos you mentioned (and it’s just a great first metal/unresponsive yoyo), and I still have mine from years ago when it was first released, it’s tough as nails. Have you already learned some responsive tricks and are you ready to move on to unresponsive play? Just wondering.

Not necessarily, but I just don’t want to have to have an all new yoyo for unresponsive. Although that’ll happen eventually, I just want the transition smoother. I will be purchasing another style of yoyo, a cheaper one for another feel, on amazon.

dv888 and performance upgrade pack (thinner response pads, longer axle, wider bearing). Good to go!

1 Like

I would get a Recess First Base. $20 – comes with a narrow bearing for beginner tricks, and wide bearing for more advanced.

I’m not a big fan of the DV888 anymore. It’s a decent yoyo, but it’s small, and it’s got the flat rims which makes it tougher to land tricks.

For metals, there are so many good ones to choose from that you can just find a shape, color, and price that you like and go with it. I do really like One Drop though for a first metal because of their side effects system where you can change the weight, and you don’t have to worry about stripping the axle.

My daily carry is a 2013 benchmark O, and my favorite is a Markmont Classic.