has yoyoing ever made you friends in real life?

At my high school soccer(gonna be a freshman this fall) they know me as the tiger striped yoyo boy. Because my hair looks like tiger strips and I yoyo.

The summer I worked as head counselor at a summer camp, I met my wife because of yoyo. She was the camp nurse and I taught her how to toss a yoyo back and forth 4A style one weekend. It was all hearts and flowers from there on out. Yoyo is awesome!

I don’t so much view people that yoyo as friends, just as competition.

Its brought me more enemies than friends.

Whenever I meet another thrower at some place other than a contest, I get excited. For example, I met this one guy at an anime convention in my city who had a OD Code 2. He was pretty sick. It’s so hard to find other yoyoers since there aren’t many people in one area that throw.

we are friends, right? Anyway yes. In my wildest dreams i would have never guessed i would be friend with world champions, National Champions, Duncan Team members, YYJ Team members, YYF team members, National yoyo masters, and Grand yoyo masters.

I think a real true friend, is someone who would be there in a time of need. I would need some time to answer that question. I guess I’d really have to be in need to find out. I am lucky to have a few real friends outside of yo-yoing. But, I can say I’m definitely cool with some people in the yo-yo community. The rest remains to be seen.

Yes, many of them.

I met my boi Andrew Robinson through yoyoing. Tryna find other people in my area. Fast forward to a little over a year later and Imma groomsman at this dudes wedding.