Has anyone tried the new metal Duncan Freehand II?

Has anyone here tried the new Ducan Freehand II that came out recently? I’m thinking about saving up for one and I’m curious if anyone here has tried it and has any thoughts on it. Does it come with the standard Duncan dice counterweight? Thanks everyone :grin:

2 Likes

I would recommend any freehand other than the freehand metal 2. Overall disappointing throw imo. Heavy but but not powerful, narrow, unstable, and slippy. Would get AL FH 1 if you dont have one to be honest. Also, mine did not come with a counterweight.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! It’s a shame it’s not that good. I have the Freehand AL and I love it so I was hoping this one would be good. It’s also a shame it doesn’t come with a counterweight considering it’s a Freehand and all haha. Thank you so much for the review!

Just opinion.

I love mine, no issues. Its based off an old skool throw, so comparing it to current standards is unjust. It fits well in pocket and has agood gap width. The organic shape of it demands better plane control, otherwise you get tilt and lose stability and spin time.

No counterweight here either, but not a deal breaker.
She’s definitely different from the rest of the Freehand line up, but theres plenty variation between all the models.

They cant all be the same.

Variety is the spice of life!

4 Likes

@DJReAxion, Brian did you get one of these? Thoughts?

I personally love it and like how it is much different then the other Freehands that have came out! - I’m also impressed on how it resembles the old Duncan Freehand 2 when that came out ages ago!

Play wise:
It kind of reminds me of the Doorknob in a strange way being organic and hollow cap feel. I also am a sucker for organic shaped anything so already I was destined to like it LOL :crazy_face:

overall dope throw by Duncan! - the special editions are also sick!

3 Likes

I love my purple Freehand II. It is now one of my two favorites along with the RBC. I keep both on my desk, one for responsive and the other for unresponsive. I was on the fence when I purchased the FH II. I am so glad I did.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I’m glad to hear you don’t have any problems with it. I do love the classic old school feel of it. The size also looks great I’m glad you mentioned it fits well into a pocket since I’m looking for something i can easily take around while I’m out and about or doing errands

3 Likes

Haha I’m also a sucker for organic designs and just anything old school! The special editions really do look beautiful and that’s one of the things that drew me to it :joy:

3 Likes