Happy Father's Day

Happy Father’s Day to all of you adult parent throwers. I wouldn’t be yoyoing if my dad hadnt first introduced me. He takes me to all of my contests and is a big part in encouraging me to improve.

My question for you is: What how big a part in your yoyoing career does your father play to you. Does he take you places or does he just help you out. Let us know.

2 Likes

My father never really influenced me on anything. All my hobbies have been of my own doing. I have two kids, 13 months and 4 1/2. Hoping they’ll pick it up eventually.

I have no ties to my father. Don’t talk to him, but I will wish Andre Boulay and everyone who is a father a great Happy Fathers Day.

My dad is a big supporter and he is willing to drive me 3 hours to a yoyo contest in the morning. He also watches all the new tricks i make up even if he can’t follow half o what I’m doing.

can we share your father? :-[

Speaking of fathers, where’s Greg P been? I miss his posts!

1 Like

My dad was a mechanic, he wanted the best for his sons, so, he worked very hard and didn’t have a lot of time or energy for my brothers and I. My hope is that even though I work hard, I still have the time for my three kids. I like teaching them stuff, especially yoyo tricks, but, my 11year old son is a far better thrower than I will ever be.

Happy Father’s day to the rest of the dads.

Happy Father’s day to all you father yoyoers!

Eric, I’m here I’m here! Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this, Raptor!

My father is a big influence in other ways but since I’m a growzed up adult thrower, he hasn’t influenced my jojoing. My kids on the other hand… they know a lot about yoyos already even though they haven’t decided to “take it up” in a dedicated way yet. The 6-year-old is probably “juuuuust” old enough but would rather play sword-fight with foam swords. That’s cool with me. :slight_smile: The 2.5-year-old loves yoyos but mostly just bashes them against the floor. The 5-month old is a 5-month old. :smiley:

I should say that my dad was never one to dissuade us from hobbies. He always had a bunch himself, and from that perspective, I guess he WAS an influence. Taught me the value of not taking every second of your life so seriously. :slight_smile:

1 Like