Halloween/spooky season 2024

Yo it’s Halloween in a few weeks and if your like me your kids have already decorated and have tossed on the costumes and had a few trunk or treats already. My son’s birthday is the week of Halloween so he’s always stoked for spooky season.

So let’s post spooky pics, fun decorations and costumes and whatever else yall do this time of year.

8 Likes

@Gurggis is crafting a set of armor out of foam using a cosplay template. I’ll post pics once he’s done!

3 Likes

This is my house.

8 Likes

This is what the white lights on the porch look like. They are so bright they don’t shoot well illuminated.

6 Likes

Last year we bought a bunch of candy, put up signs directing people to the door to get said candy, and only 1 person came all night. At least we had candy for months after.

3 Likes

I like to be known as the scary house to get treats from.
My high score was 12 crying children.
EVERY parent laughs, and they always come back each year. :laughing:
We now have a gathering of friends that come from different neighborhoods to sit in the driveway, give out candy, and watch the pandemonium.

6 Likes

What do you do?

Lots of decorations, reactive animatronics, remote controlled jump scare items, creepy sounds, semi-filter the people up the driveway taking them by all of these things. And I additionally usually have a costume that changes each year which makes me look like another decoration character as they walk past. Then I can follow until they turn around, or jump scare if they are looking at me, or come running out of the dark garage, etc. It varies on the costume choice for the year. :rofl:

Basically like a tiny Halloween Horror Nights, hahaha!

Edit: Oh yeah, and the hands on the ground under the candy table that reach out and zombie groan loudly (also remotely triggered), tend to get people pretty good also.

We typically pass the remote that controls the various items around the table of friends so that everybody has a chance of having a little fun.

3 Likes

My town has a porch based music festival and I live in the downtown area. I give away 1000+ pieces of candy every Halloween.

5 Likes

Porch based music festival sounds incredible. I want to live where you live!

2 Likes