Graphite to lubricate yoyos?

Is the terrapin dry lube just graphite?
Is it the same stuff you get at a hardware store?

Don’t know about the dry lube, but if you are talking about the black powdered stuff at the hardware store, it’s a mess. It’s been tried before and turns the string and your hand black. The stuff gets all over readily.

1 Like

there is zero graphite in the terrapin dry lube even though it looks just like it. Ive tried both, graphite is chunky and nasty, but ive has zero issues with the terrapin lube. IMHO its totally worth it once your figure out how to use it properly. there is a little bit of a learning curve, but the results are astonishing.

Ill make a video soon to show how the spin times go from meh to whoa in a minute or two.

Dust on the money!

terrapin is their own special “dust” hehe.

Requires a bearing to be cleaned and dried properly. And then application of the stuff has to be minimal. If any of these things aren’t done perfectly, it’ll be a crappy feeling bearing.

When it is done well however, it’ll play better than the bearing probably ever has played before. The stuff won’t make miracles happen however.

Another vote for Terrapin Dry lube. It was a learning curve, but one that has been worth it. Now I only use thin lube on yoyos I want to have a quiet bearing.

That would be great!
I’m planning on getting some next time I order stuff.

So far in my yoyo exp, that is easily the best 5 bucks you can spend. Will last FOR-Ev-Errrrrrr.

Id recommend getting some acetone, as you will need it as well. Ill try to make that video today. Seems many are unsure about this magic stuff. And ill try to cover how over lubing, and show a crappy lubes on as well as an excellent lube one.

1 Like

Here ya go!
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,88694.0.html

1 Like