Good center track bearing

I am looking for a good center track bearing. I have only found the yyf center track, G2 boss ripper, and sochi T bearings so far. Out of all of them which are the best? And are there other options? Price range around 10$.

They’re all about the same and all comes down to preference.

2 Likes

Double straight
Koncave
Crucial groove
Whipple
Flat
Flat cut

I think :thinking: those are all of the different types I’m aware of

Lots of bearings seem to be exactly the same cut/profile only put out by different companies under different names
They could very well be different
Nsk bearings are said to be a higher precision

Sochi 5-pk is good value, $8-10/ea in a 5-pk depending on shape.

Biggest benefit imo is 5 bearings to tune with, and all your yoyo’s use the same bearing.

You ask for 1 bearing, but long term thinking you’ll eventually buy more anyways.

This is one of the best bearing I’ve ever played, the guys at Spingear add some special some-something to these and it’s noticeable.

2 Likes

I just buy g2’s bearings they best price for what it is IMO. Magicyoyo beatings are cheapest in general…

1 Like

Yep, Magicyoyo will give you a good beating

5 Likes

NSK are definitely the highest quality ones I’ve used but they’re a bit hard to swallow at $20 a pop, but other than nsk most bearings I’ve found play pretty similarly.

1 Like

The YYF CTX (10-ball) or the Dif-e-Yo Koncave, are always solid performers at a decent price.

The only thing is know for sure is one drop 10-balls are out dated. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing: :laughing:

how can a bearing be outdated? flat vs centering is just a preference. only trouble i’ve had w/ 10-balls are it’s more balls so more chance one gets gritty though my luck just might’ve been bad w/ the ones i have.

1 Like

I concur.

1 Like

Nsk stainless steel and platinum are my favorites but kind of pricey .

The Buddha bearings and g2 boss rage are a close second and super cost effective

4 Likes

I actually have bought buddha bearings (double double and the V cut one), also have tried out G2 boss rage, and KK bearings. They are all pretty unique imo and I just want to try a center track to see which one I like the most.

1 Like

Just buy a regular YYF CBC Centertrac bearing.

Nothing at all wrong with those.

5 Likes

Any yoyo bearing is good nowadays so just pick the type of bearing you like the most

I’ve been using the Pixel bearings by CLYW & iyoyo because the DS bearings are out and I like the Pixels just fine.

1 Like

I bought the Buddha Bearing variety pack for that very reason. It seems like maybe the differences between the different ways to center a string are pretty subtle. I think the Koncave bearing is a little quieter than the Center Trac bearing that has come with two of my yoyos. When I first played with a OD flat bearing, I fell in love with how quiet it is, but I’ve had trouble with the bearing becoming very slightly responsive. Enough that I couldn’t hold the yoyo with a claw grip or bounce the yoyo up to head-height without the string wrapping up.