Good Bye Creep

Saw on Instagram, there is a final run of the Heaven Sent creep that just dropped

13 Likes

Do these Heaven Sent releases normally sell out pretty quickly?

Beautiful throw! I love the red they went with, as well as the packaging.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how fast it will go. I picked one up though as soon as I saw the insta post. It looks pretty sweet

4 Likes

Still in stock an hour and a half after the drop. Limited to 150 pieces I believe.

6 Likes

Yeah, my credit card hates me, but I picked one up too because I like the look of it, and the reviews I’ve read seem very positive. Can’t wait to see it in person!

Thanks for the heads-up!

5 Likes

Thank you for the heads up, I had one of these with a ding and I let it go… wanted to get a mint one… could not find one available with color way I liked. So I picked one up after the seeing this post.
Simple beautiful “ The End “ a classy way to go.

7 Likes

Did anyone who ordered one of these when they launched have it ship yet? I know the confirmation email advised it could be up to a week for it to be packaged. I’m just curious if anyone has received any updates. Thank you!

1 Like

From Steve on the CLYW Discord:

4 Likes

Hi Spence, thanks so much for the screen grab and info! Sounds like it’s just my bad luck to not have been part of the first batch. I’ll keep waiting!

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Here’s hoping we get it next week! All the pictures I’ve seen so far have me pretty excited

2 Likes

Me too! The color is beautiful. I have a lot of throws that have either come recently or are coming soon, so I should be able to be more patient. Just excited to check it out in person. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know it was mentioned that the final Creep is closer to the original design than the previous runs - has anyone weighed the difference between the two? The final Creep feels heavier than my clear Creep but I have no way of accurately weighing them.

1 Like

My Creep - Final arrived this week and I’ve been playing with it for a while. It’s a great through that does have some weight in the hand but is very satisfying, delivering nice tight binds. It’s a great floaty organic design that CLYW and Heaven Sent knocked out of the park on the color and engraving.

8 Likes

Previous runs:

Final:

7 Likes

thank you! i guess it’s the finish or something that is tricking my brain

2 Likes

Of course! But there IS a possibility that it’s not just your brain. Out of curiosity I just weighed both final runs that I had and one actually weighed more lmao… so there’s even (minor) variance within a run. :man_shrugging: (The other one weighed 65.05 if you don’t feel like scrolling back up to check haha)

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but are weight differences in the same model of production runs fairly normal for yo-yos? I haven’t thought to ever check.

2 Likes

Normally minute amounts. Part of the reason why a boutique company might charge more is the time it may take to match halves for smoothness and quality. The aluminums used are alloys (hence 6016, 7075, etc.) so i was told it can create uneven halves.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it. Such miniscule amounts of weight shouldn’t really affect much when it comes to play, I imagine.

2 Likes

On certain models (like the CLYW Chief), it’s especially well known and documented. But you got me wondering about models beyond CLYW. So again, out of curiosity, I took some duplicates I have of some of my favs, and put em head to head on the scale. Looks like it’s pretty common! Definitely tiny amounts, but more experienced throwers can definitely tell a difference between even small amounts of weight. I guess the cool thing about it is, no two throws (even the same model) are alike.

Duncan GTR-JS

YYF IQ

One Drop Free Solo

One Drop Panorama (flat cap SE’s)

Pretty interesting! Hoping a manufacturer can hop on here and maybe explain the “why” behind the tiny variance.

7 Likes