Going into my first paint job...

I’ve decided I want to paint a yoyo or two of mine and I just wanna know some things I should be thinking about before I start… Either of the ones I am considering are metal and I know I want one half blue or aqua with purple splash, and the other half purple with blue or aqua splash, and I want it reasonably grindable… As of now I plan on using spray paints to do it, and I live in a relativly small town where I may or may not have access to all materials … Any advice?

Note: my lack of a computer prevents me from viewing bretts video… So any videos or pix please make sure are iOS viewable… Thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t believe you can use spray paints. It will just end up ruining your yoyo. There is a certain type of paint you need to use that I can’t remember the name of right now. I’m sure someone will post it.

Use automotive paint, and an airbrush. Rattle can spray paint is extremely hard to do well on a yoyo.

unless you can do an eggshell, bead or soda blast, or ano, I’m pretty sure you’re going to be throwing grindability out the window.
I’m not sure about airbrushing automotive paint on though. that might leave a grindable surface.