Gluing a kendama tip?

What glue do you have to exactly use.

Be specific.

gorilla wood glue, gorilla super glue, really most super glues can work, some better than others. Spike armor if your fussy about it.

I just use whatever superglue I have around, seems to get the job done.

Generic Superglue has worked for me thus far, though I’m no kendama oldtimer or expert.

Generic super glue. But I could imagine there being a difference with thin viscosity and thick viscosity glue. The standard stuff you buy at the hardware store is thin viscosity and it seems to work well. It soaks into the wood and flows easily so it tens not to leave a drip mark.

I have a woodworking shop at home so I also had CA glue accelerator available. CA is Cyanoacrelate, which is what super glue is. The accelerator cures the glue instantly so I soaked the tip with glue, turned the Ken upside down to let any excess flow to the very tip, and then sprayed it with accelerator. It immediately hardened and I was done.

1 Like

Sounds great… never knew there was CA accelerator!

I have also used CA to repair voids in wood such as the fairly porous TMBR Eh and Baldwins I had.

Doesn’t plain ol water accelerate CA glue? Just apply the glue and mist.

The one I used is called Alteco, super glue.
Use the kendama a bit first to blunt the tip a bit so it won’t stab the tama, sand it down smooth, then apply glue as thin as possible. Take a piece of paper or tissue then VERY quickly rub the tip against the paper in spinning motion back and forth, it will make a nice shiny layer of glue, repeat once or twice more if necessary. If you did it too slowly the paper might stick on the tip (easily fixable with sandpaper though).