Give me your opinion

So, I’ve been throwing activity since November. Finally learned tricks like tsunami bomb and almost got nitrogen cycle (suicide at the end is the death of me) down and am looking for my next big purchase to celebrate a big life event (PhD student who is almost through candidacy exams). I’m debating the gorge by clyw (apparently they are releasing another run soon) or looking into titanium. Give me your thoughts and why. This is a big life event and I want a throw commensurate to this big event.

10 Likes

If you can afford it and if it’s not an undue burden on your budget, my vote goes to a titanium. I prefer how they feel to most bi-metals and there are some affordable options. Most of the YYF titaniums can be found in the $150-$250 range, up around $300 you can find RSOs or Luftverk; I think there’s still a 000 on the BST for $275 if I’m not mistaken. And if you end up deciding you don’t like it, titaniums generally are pretty easy to move.

However if the Gorge really speaks to you (which I can totally see, it looks great) I doubt you would be disappointed in it and it will likely run you less than a titanium would.

6 Likes

Get yourself a Ti. The Gorge is cool for what it is. But, it’s a pretty unique throw and potentially polarizing. Getting something (Ti)meless (boo) would be a better way to commemorate a special achievement, imo.

10 Likes

I have a gorge it’s great when I want to have fun but not something I throw very often. It’s a bit restrictive and I am not sure at your current skill level it is something that you will like right away.

Edit : I hope that didn’t come off as mean or pretentious but what I was trying to say is it’s more of an acquired taste .

6 Likes

Best of luck on the exams!

4 Likes

I’m with @Isaac and @Nocompromise…get yourself a titanium. They are much more durable, still handle all the stuff aluminums can, and you can find some for a decent price(especially second hand). Good luck dude!

5 Likes

If your willing to try out a titanium I would say go for it!

4 Likes

Ti for daaaaaays!

*edit: I too heavily endorse the Luftverk 000 and any RSO (Bowl, Spaceship ES, YWETi…all are excellent!)

4 Likes

Good luck with your PhD exam! You’ll be alright!

And for that, treat yourself a nice Titanium. You can get titanium yos at fairly good price nowadays. They play great and have great durability :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you man, been a hard few months taking writtens and formulating a proposal but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

2 Likes

Thank you all for your comments! I have always wanted to try a banshee but never really found a colorway I enjoyed. I will just skip the middleman and probably try a tishee. If the tiramisu was still in stock that would be my first choice but the latter is more expensive. Thank you again!

2 Likes

Tishee sounds like a good choice! If you dont find one for sale you can also try asking jake if he has any laying about.

4 Likes

If you can afford it, I’d go titanium. This is coming from a guy who actually doesn’t like too many of the titaniums I’ve tried haha. It’s just more premium-feeling, should last you forever as others have said, and people who like titanium yoyos LOVE them.

Personally I’d recommend the Tishee though I’ve honestly always wanted to try a titanium with stainless steel rims.

5 Likes

There’s a c bearing version of the Tiramisu coming soon, according to Crucial’s Twitter!

*edit: it’s not twitter, it’s instagram (screenshots in post below)

3 Likes

What is their twitter?

3 Likes

But then you wont get that satisfying ping I have heard so much about!

1 Like

I believe it is @thecruciallife

*edit: I’d also keep a close eye on RSO’s Instagram

1 Like

If you’re leaning towards Titanium… I heard a rumor that YoYoExpert will be releasing the RSO x Atmos Gravity as well as the Turning Point Mustang in the next few days. :wink:

12 Likes

yye be carrying tp :eyes::eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

I think you might be misremembering seeing it on Twitter. I can’t find any mention of the tiramisu on Twitter, nor could I find any account for Crucial; Paul Yath has a Twitter but it’s not really active and that @ you posted isn’t it. I went through Doc Pop’s likes and followers on Twitter, nothing, Steve Brown’s likes and followers, Mike Monty’s, C3’s, YoYoStore⏪‘s, nothing

The @ you posted is their Instagram handle and they did post back in March that there would be a future run Soon™️ using C bearings, so I guess it’s just your memory playing tricks on you.

4 Likes