Genji's 1a, and 2a blogography *New video added 3-8-12*

Today, I really only threw for like 30 mins on 1a, and I spent about 15 “trying” to loop lol I’m having trouble with my inside loops tho. I can throw like 5-6 straight loops, and then after that, it just starts going sideways, and It loses control, and I’m doing the same motion…so I’m very confused. I’m keeping up my string tension as well, and making sure it doesn’t get too loose. I’ll upload a video of my looping in a day, so you people that are interested can see my progress. Also, update on 1a, I am up to the point on ‘And Whut’ where I am doing the “so called” ‘And Whut? Mount’ (the part where you have to pop the yoyo up, and move the whole string under the yoyo, and onto a trapeze and his brother type of mount with a cross in the string) I’ll upload a video of my progress on that as well, and hopefully, in the next day or two I’ll have the trick down all the way so I can upload a completed version of the trick.

and whut was a fun trick to learn!!

I finally learned all of the steps of ‘And Whut?’, and I am still trying to piece it all together smoothly, so hopefully I can upload a video in the next day or two :slight_smile:

Awesome!!! Yeah I still have problems with that last toss thing

New Video Added! I learned And Whut? yesterday, and already modified it a bit. I felt that the houdini mount, and just going into the 1.5 mount didn’t flow very well. To me it looked like the beginning of the trick wanted to do something with the houdini mount, but then they changed their mind and went on with something totally different, so…I changed it :slight_smile: In genji’s (3rd person ftw!) version of And Whut? you start off with a Matrix, and then go into the 1.5 and continue on with the rest of And Whut? Let me know what you guys think. I call it “They have Whut? in the Matrix”

Also, as a side note, I just learned the full trick yesterday 2-19, so go easy on me, it’ll get smoother as I perform it more. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channel “throwsbeforehoes” so you don’t have to keep checking in here when I upload a new video, thanks.

lookin good!!

Thanks, I had a smoother video of it, but the one I uploaded had really low lighting, and I wasn’t using neon string, so I re-shot it and uploaded this one.

i just recently started filming some stuff and it seems really hard to get good lighting and be able to see the string when indoors

Neon colored string shows up the best on camera, and just go where their is the most lighting. Who cares if it’s the kitchen, or the bathroom, just as long as you can see it well on camera.

Also, I haven’t been on very much for the past week, I was sick for a few days out of that, and have just been busy with work. On a newer progress note, my looping has gotten a little bit better, It’s still leaning a bit and tilting after like 5-6 loops, but hey…it’s progress at least. Also, my friend at my yoyo meets taught me White Buddha, and I am now practicing that. I have it about 90% down at the moment, just working on the last couple of steps, and working on accuracy of string hits. I’ll keep posted, and also throw up a video once I get it down.

yeah i use neon yellow string so all i got is bright stuff lol and me and the gf just moved some stuff around in our living room so she could have her desk and now the lighting is perfect lol.

I got get me a pair of loopers, ive always wanted to try it. I can never get thoes pop outs in white buddah i always hit one of the dang strings!!! lol

I’m still yoyo’ing, my looping has gonna a bajillion times better! I was also in a video! I messed up a lot, and apparently I do the same And Whut? just different variations like 3 times…they didn’t put in my kamikaze green triangle suicide combo, which made me sad :frowning: but anyways, we had to shoot my stuff pretty fast, because Parker had to leave, so keep in mind when judging, that mine was rushed, and I didn’t have time for more than one take each.

Looking good!! The video looked like it was a blast to shoot!!!

Also Mr Nick-atine, your name isn’t that much of a secret any more.

True…but my real last name isn’t “atine” haha

A new video will be released in the next day or so! Possibly tonight, who knows?! Anyways, It’s most likely going to be an unedited freestyle.

looking forward to it!

wheres this video you’ve been promising us!?!?!?!?!!?