Genesis bearing seat impossible..

Yes there is

Just shoot me a message if you need some advice!

Nice! Maybe everyone will quit quibbling over pliers now.

I would test the bearing seat with your new bearing before deciding to do anything. Just set the bearing there and see if it would take force to seat it. If so, you might want to try to reshape the bearing seat to make it fit better before you seat it.

I have a couple of yoyos that had stuck bearings at some point, but CT bearings fit ok.

Test the seat with you old bearing.

We already know that bearing doesn’t fit…

Now if only I can get my blksens bearing out now hehe, probably the only one left that bears headache but thank goodness i have solved my year long issue with the genesis!

Yea I’ll go test out the bearing and hope it fits, i actually ended de anodizing this genesis so i think that should reduce the fit of the bearing seat too

I just tested a new idea for bearing removal that worked well…

You just need a 6mm steel spring pin and pliers. Those evil pliers.

Just compress the spring pin with the pliers and insert it into the bearing. Then release the pin. It will expand inside the bearing giving you a firm grip from the inside. There’s enough room inside the pin for it to work if the axle is present.

I can’t post a pic right now, but if you google “spring pin image” you’ll see them in the first few pics.

I had to test fit spring pins from an assortment. Turned out that the 6mm worked better than the 1/4"…

I hope you can follow that explanation. If not I can do pics or perhaps a video later tonight…

1 Like