General Yoyo Thoughts

That totally makes sense, especially when you compare the Shutter’s success, where there would be no way a Ti yoyo could recreate that, based on the price point of Ti.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the details on your experience with collecting and making Ti-alloy yoyos, your post should be a reference guide on the topic.

I think the original discussion was born out of a bit of provocation about whether Ti was worth it or not with respect to performance characteristics. From what you say, Ti does offer nice advantages but it is more for a premium product, right? Well, that is considering the necessary price point on Ti yoyos.

In any case, I’m happy with the choice of yoyos reflecting a whole range of inexpensive high-performing yoyos all the way up to expensive premium/luxury yoyos with special play and feel characteristics (as in Ti yoyos).

I hope to get an RSO yoyo at some point, as I do like what you are doing with respect to high quality standards but old school feel (I’m an unapologetic fan of organics :wink: ).

2 Likes

What would you choose?

• To return back to the year where you started to yoyo retaining all the skill you have now but only half of your today’s collection, without the ability to get more yoyos ever again.
  • To return back to the year where you started to yoyo retaining your entire collection you have today but only half of your today’s skill without the ability of getting better in the future even with practice.

0 voters

6 Likes

neither!

14 Likes

I would stay in current time because we have the most inspiring yoyoers, biggest selection of throws, and the world yoyo contest is moving around giving everyone a chance to compete.

2 Likes

Dang man that is some real evil kind of decision there, it could be right out of one of those saw movies. Maybe my perspective is warped since I first got serious about yoyos in the mid 90s, around the time the first web browser was released. The yoyos sucked and my skills sucked. It was hard to improve your skills without youtube, instagram, etc, you had to shell out mad money for a vhs (dvds weren’t yet a thing). There wasn’t even a really good trick book available until the yonomicon was published.

7 Likes

As much as it pains me to freeze my yoyoing skill, the other option would effectively end my yoyo company, which is the most fun I’ve had in years.

5 Likes

Diffraction, umbra, converge. I’d say we’re all having a lot of fun right along with you.

7 Likes

No such option gentlemen. This is a horribly biased imaginary scenario and I’m it’s creator and ruler.

Choose.

I know lmao. Even if I’m sure I would choose 1st option, the idea of never getting new yoyos again is more painful the more you think about it.

5 Likes

it’s an easy one then

4 Likes

:rofl: :woozy_face::poop::roll_of_toilet_paper::rofl: Can’t I just cut off a foot?

5 Likes

Given only those two choices, I would gladly sacrifice half my current collection to retain the ability to keep improving.

8 Likes

That’s the only reasonable choice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem for me is I would happily return back to the start and start learning all over again as I am not exactly retaining a lot of skill if I start fresh :rofl: but that comment about never being able to improve got to me.

Half of nothing is like :frowning:

3 Likes

My Mecha Visazilla should be here soon, can’t wait. Traded that Minty Bape I was holding. Exciting and it went to Israel, I’m a huge fan of Israel. This was a great trade.

5 Likes

I had almost exactly the same experience. Bought a Kuntosh 5000QV recently, threw it a few times with the standard flat bearing and was underwhelmed.

Swapped the bearing for a NSK concave and was blown away - it’s so good it almost feels like cheating!

I also have a Legendary Terrarian on the way… and I bought the game to prepare myself :laughing:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s crazy how much of a difference a bearing swap has made to my One Drops! Glad you’re enjoying the Kuntosh…I think you’re going to love the Terrarian! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I love the flat bearing. 10 ball for the win!!! Otherwise I’m in Frank’s camp. KonKave.

4 Likes

would you get to choose what yoyos you keep?

3 Likes

I’m gonna say no, just to make the choice harder. A random number generator would decide which yoyos would be gone and which ones you get to keep.

6 Likes