General Yoyo Thoughts

You sure it’s not your 70+ gram Hulk of a yo-yo?

4 Likes

I was playing my Kuntosh today. Then I got curious and found a centering bearing I got from a cheap Duncan from Walmart. I put it in there and even though it’s noisy and not the best spinner, it greatly expanded the amount of tricks I can squeeze in on one throw. It made my all time favorite yo-yo even more incredible. I need some REAL centering bearings now for all my throws. Maybe the one in my MFD SeaMonkey! It’s always fun to do something a little different and suddenly BAM, it’s a revelation.

6 Likes

I love Duncan Pro Z’s! It’s the yoyo that got me back into this hobby. Seeing it hanging there at walmart flooded me with tons of nostalgia.
And I love the whole idea of it being able to transform from a slim line tug responsive, to an h-shape string trick throw.
It’s actually more than capable of any of the noob tricks I can throw at it…and I’ve been having a ton of fun with learning to loop with one over the last week.

And the concave bearing they include with the yo isn’t actually a bad bearing. It might be from a cheap throw, but they’re very good bearings in my experience.
I bought another pro z just so I could get a spare concave haha.

Also, I’m really happy that you’re liking your Kuntosh even more now! :smiley:
I was ready to give up on my Legendary Terrarian until someone here on these forums suggested I try a Concave in it. The difference was insane! It instantly became one of my favorite throws!

4 Likes

Ha! Yes! It’s a Pro Z! My bearing just needs some TLC and maybe some of the weirdness will clear up. I’ve heard that the Terrarian really perks up once you throw a concave in it. That’s a yo-yo I’ve always wanted to try but got the Kuntosh first.

2 Likes

Lol I’m pretty sure. I think it’s from yoyoing everyday straight for 2 years no days off. Also from sleeping on it

2 Likes

Are you inferring he’s abnormal? What’s normal??

I’m 6-2 and my string has traditionally been belly button to floor length. Pretty much the stock length I’ve bought since time immemorial. The only time I’ve cut string is to fit the kids.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I like this thread idea!

I recently put my Energy Dome side effects in my Parlay for the first time which makes it feel a bit different. You know, not the difference between night and day but enough to notice. It got me to thinking that when it comes down to it, if I couldn’t buy another yoyo ever again I would actually be quite happy to carry on playing what I have (a total of 15). I live in the UK and am just not rich enough to keep up with yoyo trends especially as you need to buy from the US which just kills my wallet.

Also despite being a tall man I am quite happy with the stock length of Zipline Strings.

9 Likes

Today I was messing with spirit bomb, which I hate, and kinda came up with own variation on it that I’m able to land better, and sorta adds my own flair to the trick. I’ll probably do a clip when I have it smoother and worked into a little combo.
I also have a handful of thoughts from over the last couple weeks regarding nylon vs polyester, but I’ll probably put together a post eventually for that.

5 Likes

I still lust for the moment until I can land Spirit Bomb more than once in 20. As much as the trick frustrates me, it is one of my favorite looking tricks and I think it will be one of the funnest to perform once I get it down. I landed one two days ago and it was joyous. I need to learn more tricks from wrist mount because I do it all the time, but rarely dare the treacherous path to Spirit Bomb failure. Id be really interested to see if your variation looks like what I originally thought was the real thing, but just happened to be easier because of one wrap less around one of my fingers (or something like that, I relearned how to do it right and forgot exactly what I was doing).

Btw, I just saw a mosquito in my computer room and failed to kill it. Im doomed :frowning:

8 Likes

Practising the reverse brent stole gets my arm really tired. Don’t know why haha. Getting it very consinstently btw

4 Likes

I kinda just added an extra step, gives it a little bit different of a look and feel, but still fun lol

5 Likes

You have to buy all your yo-yos from @chaosgow as he is in the UK!

p.s. I hope you like PINK

7 Likes

who doesn’t like pink?

5 Likes

I prefer purple.

5 Likes

Why not both?

Purple pink fades are dope.

7 Likes

It’s okay. That’s what insurance is for.

6 Likes

Green.
That’s all I’m saying and then I’m moving on! lol

3 Likes

I really enjoy good plastic yoyos. My SF PLSTC has been getting lots of love lately. I get about as much spin time from plastic as I do metal. I am much more comfortable throwing plastic really hard. I will give metals a good hard throw too, but with plastic I really let 'er rip.

This popped in my head from the previous discussion.

4 Likes

Hero, 5star, edgeless, punchline, are some of mine.

2 Likes