3 Likes

Okā€¦ wait.

Copper plated throws.

I think I suddenly need one.

Sir, I humbly request instructions

On how to acquire one of these wonders.

Please and thank you.

4 Likes

If we were femaleā€¦ would we be hoola hoop girls?

2 Likes

Hoop-la girls.

Hula hoop-sters

1 Like

Honestly, if everything else was the same except for that Iā€™d hope youā€™d still be a thrower :blush:. Would probably still be drawn to it, itā€™s in our ā€œsoulā€.

Also that the boys club nature of things as is, in addition to issues with misogy in the community donā€™t scare you away or push you out.

Hula is dope though. I love buying rings from the hula hoop expert store and visiting the HHE forums.

4 Likes

On the real, my wife hoops fire. And i do too. Its a sick flow tool. The trick for me , as a man, is to try to not fit the mold of a ā€œfemineā€ style of motion that is quite typical of the tool. The same goes for fans. Im just not a hip shaking , look at me girl ( :man_facepalming: )
And indeed the same goes for many incredible female performers that look tough as nails(attitude wise) breaking the very same mold.
Mad props to them for putting skill over the easy sell.

excuse my mini rant

7 Likes

Well i mean, its kind of an obscure hobby to dive into and do tricks with. And of course there are male and female who do bothā€¦ but the statistics show more men throw the yo, and more women hoop the loop

1 Like

Guess what folks!
I woke up, cheerful and enthusiastic.

Yesterday was 60 degrees and sunny. Birds were chirping, the world was happy, spring had sprung.

I said to myself, tomorrow will be a great day to Throw the Dogma outsideā€¦ in a tee-shirt.

Fast forward to this morning. I get up, make coffee, get my fuzzy slippers on, and head to the back porch, when suddenlyā€¦

This happened:

Friends, this is not acceptable.

5 inches of snow.

So here I sit. Looking out at the once green landscape, suddenly transformed into a Siberian Wasteland.

The Weather mockingly laughs in my direction and regards me as but a simple proletariat of yoyos, while in my own mind I sit upon a bourgeois thrown of yoyo tallent.

Will I ever throw outside again, my conscience asks?

No, says my heart, as it aches for lands warmer than these.

10 Likes

I have a similar situation. I love throwing yoyo while running my dog, and itā€™s just sooo damn windy and breezy out today that it wont be any fun. Id honestly prefer a brief session in the cold to wind-dehabilitation.

2 Likes

Why are wooden unresponsives not more popular?

@Glenacius_K has made some and I swear they absolutely slay, mine had Cabal guts

So many different woods to be used.

Heck, we might even be able to get @edhaponik away from responsive for a while, lol

3 Likes

Wooden unresponsives feel nice to play, but perform fairly substandard unless they are made huge.

Also, nobody likes vibe and wooden yoyos have plently of that. If people didnt care about vibe, I would make them regularly. Iā€™m not making stuff that people wonā€™t buy.

7 Likes

The one I had from you had amazing performance and not enough vibe for me to notice. I can see though where a less crafted hand would have issues.

I hate to hear there isnā€™t a market, it was one of the most fun yoyos I had ever used.

2 Likes

What did you have of mine?

2 Likes

14 Likes

If I remember correctly, that one didnā€™t perform very well.

2 Likes

It exceeded my expectations, credit deserved where it is due. I wouldnā€™t try to win Worlds with it, but it was at a modded FHZ level in terms of performance.

7 Likes

Well thank you. I can do a lot better than that though.

4 Likes

No problem, some random 7 year old girl is playing it now with the string looped around the axle 7 times, lol.

6 Likes

That makes me happy.

3 Likes

Chonky wombat style. Wide n low (at least from the photo)

Looks awesome

3 Likes