General-Yo Majesty

I want to know how i can get one too :slight_smile:

It’s a secret ssshhh. Lol! No but really it’s a secret. God Bless - Moefv

1 Like

I talked to the general and he said soon at yoyoexpert.

I really hope to get a Purple Mountain Majesty when they drop. I love black and purple.

I might pick one up on the BST later if I like it enough.

Im just waiting for mine right now. Im so pumped lol.

You seem to know lots about YYE, do you know if YYE makes a post, or gives you a 24 hour notice before a yoyo drops? I don’t want to be blindsided on this one.

It usually posted on the YYE FB page well in advance. As well as the YYE blog too…

2 Likes

I was really positive that I knew exactly what I was going to say about the Majesty 7075 series yoyo.

It was already formed in my mind, to the letter.

Then I sat down behind the keyboard and just stared at the monitor.

I instantly realized that it wouldn’t be that easy at all. When there is nothing negative to say, nothing but ‘positive’ has the tendency to sound too much like an advertisement.

There are soo many yoyos available Worldwide, now. Many good yoyos. Some Great yoyos. Mostly All… fun yoyos. Yoyos made in many different places around the Planet: Russia, South America, Canada, China, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland and the list goes on.

This isn’t a Flag waving post about how Ernies’ General yoze are made right here in the United States. Final Quality of Product, as time goes by, seems to indicate that most yoyo building locations can produce Quality yoyos.

My general practice is to Buy ‘USA’ whenever possible, but I don’t have any serious problem buying yoyos from many places.

After 15 years around yoing, I still Love yoing and Still love yoyos. No sign of fading out any time soon. They are fun and they make me smile and I have many yoyo friends.

Every once in a while, a Special occasion just makes me that much happier. Sometimes the stars just align and everything is Right about something.

Like around now. 1. Ernie is a good friend of mine. 2. Ernie and I are both DXL. 3. Ernie and I are ‘modders of things’. 4. Ernie and I are both Custom Harley enthusiasts. 5. Ernie is a Perfectionist(ok, well I try to think I am; haha). 6. And I Love Ernies’ yoyos, that is not news. 7. And General Yoze are designed and produced from start to finish right here in the USA. 8. General Yo just produced the Majesty 7075 series yoyo and proved to me that he has not only always made excellent yoyos, but has successfully used every play in his trickbook to make an even better playing yoyo with every release.

The Majesty is a Stunning Example from a Master Craftsman.

I used to teach people how to paint cars. On the very first day, I would tell everybody,’ Anything short of doing something right, is doing it wrong’. The Devil is in the details. It is not what you only do right that will help you, but it’s about avoiding doing things wrong that will hurt you. Form a plan based on fundamentals. Gather positive imput. Inject Creativity. Move forward. Execute and refine. And take Pride in the Product of your Efforts. Never settle at a certain level of refinement. Always strive to get things to come out even better.

Ernie never heard any of my lectures. As I follow his Yoyo making adventures; I feel I am in a Class listening to a lecture from him.

The Majesty yoyo. Spin Dynamics second to none. Outstanding weight distribution. Stable is a weak understatement. The shape and feel in the hand is Flawless. The finish surface for grinding is Outstanding. There is zero clunk when the yoyo hits the bottom of the string. You can just feel a soft hit and POWER.

Throwing the Majesty does not make me like my other yoyos less. It just makes me recognize how much I appreciate everything that Ernie put into this yoyo making effort. It is a Top Shelf Yoyo.

Is it a perfect yoyo? Is it ‘the’ perfect yoyo by General yo? I wouldn’t go so far as to suggest that. Primarily because Ernie is far from done.

But as happy as I am for his latest creation, I am at the same time, somewhat concerned. Because he has got a rough road ahead, to try and outdo this Majesty yoyo.

As I have already stated earlier, there are many really nice yoyos available today. And if I suggested a list of my favorite dozen, you could choose any one of them and be a Happy Camper.

This Majesty yoyo would be one of the dozen I could/would suggest and if you get one you will experience yoyo performance second to none.

Get one if you can.

3 Likes

So. Anyone here with a Majesty sporting a Crucial Grooved bearing? Just look up the pics of the Majesty in the store. Some of them have those bearings.
And i asked André. He didn’t know why either…

Ernie was assembling them and actually ran out of his bearings. He asked
Paul from Crucial for some bearings So cal support for the remaining Majesties.
I help out Ernie so I know a little bit :wink:

1 Like

My bearings were late, and 50% of the majesties were tested with Crucial.
When my bearings came in we didnt replace them, we just added an AIGR to the ones with crucials.
Some of you get two bearings.

Fantastic job with the Majesty! This thing is smooth, stable, long spinning, very very very nice.

Let me just say, I’m sooo glad this thing is 66+ grams.

Indeed! I wouldn’t want it any lighter or any heavier!

I just got the last one over at a different site. I can’t wait to get it!

I’m stoked I have a 7075 grey version in the mail. I didn’t see a all grey in the YYE shop even tho they’re sold out. Was it sold elsewhere?

Pretty sure it’s 1 of 1, or of 2. Or something like that. Ernie assembled me a full purple Majesty, along with someone else. As far as I know, there was no full grey version sold, and I kept up with all the Majesty’s that were sold in shops. Infact, I still know of the very last one still waiting to be sold in a certain shop.

I’ve seen full purple, full gray, half purple mountain half purple (I think the owner did this because it wouldn’t be balanced weight wise), etc.

P.S. congrats on that grey majesty, it looks great. Let me know if you ever want to sell it

2 Likes

[quote=“SkyHighYo,post:42,topic:44874”]
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Why this yoyo was not on the list of best in 2012 just blows my mind… SUCH a good yoyo. Everyone of my yoyo friends just LOVES it. I very rarely see that!!!

1 Like

[quote=“mgiroux77,post:43,topic:44874”]

Ah, there it is! We have excellent taste! :smiley:

It probably wasn’t on the list because most people didn’t get to use one till late December… or because not many people have used one… but I consider myself an idiot so who knows.

But yeah, where’s the list you speak of?

[quote=“SkyHighYo,post:44,topic:44874”]

yoyoskills.com does a “best of” every year…