Gap sizes?

So I’m somewhat new to yoyoing so I have a DM2 and a DV888. They have very different gap sizes and I was just wondering how they compare to higher end throws such as CLYW and One Drop.

Gap sizes are determined primarily by the bearing used and the bearing seat design, irregardless of the price point of the yoyo, be it low end or high end.

Some times t not always about gap size as it is about the cut of the yoyo. Some models like wider gaps for a visual appeal, and it can take massive amounts string so there’s no chance of snagging. However I really don’t see why anyone would go beyond 3 string layers.
Gap size is one of those little things that are different with each yoyo. A lot of times yoos with the same gap width play differently because of the response and shape.
If you look carefully at your DM2 with its large bearing in, and look at you Dv888, they aren’t really that different. The Dm2 looks like it’s gap is smaller because of its walls and diameter. The Dv888 does have a large gap for a small yoyo, but it appears larger because of its smaller size. And you’ve probably noticed how different they feel when you bind; that’s the strength of the response and the difference of how plastic and metal act when in the binding process.

As for comparisons of your idea of high end metals, the gaps are relatively the same size. It comes down to the response and “aura” each yoyo brand differs in. I think One Drops response is one of the greatest ever, as it does not snag but offers good binds despite the gap width.