Galaxy vs. Galaxy -- FIGHT!

I mentioned in another topic I personally feel the generic ‘galaxy’ colorway is a little played out and overused in the yo-yo industry currently… maybe even cliche?

But I realized there are two different “galaxy” colorways on offer and I think one is much better than the other.

Black-based Galaxy – :heart_eyes:

Silver-based Galaxy – :disappointed:

I mean you can’t have SPACE without :black_circle: BLACK, can you? :thinking:

4 Likes

100% agree with you on this one. Black gets my vote!

2 Likes

I thought the forum already voted and this is the best galaxy colorway. You even sent me a swirl Selene to reward this achievement in imaginary anno. And… yeah there is black in there.

7 Likes

The more I think about it the more I basically hate silver-based “galaxy”. It’s not real galaxy at all, it is a blue and red splash on silver. It kinda just … sucks?

There’s also the purple splash with blue speckle to make a galaxy. Over BLACK OF COURSE because DUH SPACE IS BLACK NOT SILVER

2 Likes

The YYF galaxy colourway used to be different. There was a lot less silver showing.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:. Actually this is a real galaxy. It’s the Milky Way.

1 Like

I know but that’s not a real colorway that could be made. I’m referring to real stuff that exists in this topic.

1 Like

How come this colorway could not be made? I’d bet if someone with the know how really tried they could get pretty close.

1 Like

Actually…they made a silver galaxy too!

–edit–
Oh, you said “space”, not galaxy.
Well…so much for my lame attempt at humor! >.<’

2 Likes

Regardless of what you call it, I feel that a silver-based “galaxy” colorway tends to be a lot prettier than a black-based one.

3 Likes

It’d need to be hydro-dip and it was kinda done once with the plastic Skyva

3 Likes

I might sound contrarian now based off what seems to be the consensus so far, but honestly I’m not a fan of the black based galaxy shown at all.

The silver based galaxy is much more appealing to me.

It might have less to do with the silver for me and more about splash vs acid wash.

I would probably like a black based if it had the same pink/blue/purple acid wash deal going for it.

3 Likes

I think I’d dislike the fake silver galaxy colorway less if it wasn’t called galaxy but something like “blue, red, and silver splash” which would be more accurate!

Here’s what a google image search for the word galaxy produces

Note da blackness :black_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah I can agree it’s a misrepresentation of what a real galaxy may look like.

As far as what I find appealing though, that’s a different story

2 Likes

As Towelie once said … I choose both.

1 Like

This thread is in urgent and immediate need of this.

2 Likes

But the black areas are just deep space not really the galaxy. On the other hand it appears that the universe is mostly “dark” matter sooooooo…

2 Likes

I like more of a blue base:

16 Likes

Silver or blue galaxy is much better than black galaxy. I want the colorway to represent the colors of the actual galaxy rather than the surrounding space.

3 Likes

That horizon is perfect galaxy imo.

1 Like