Galaxy vs. Galaxy -- FIGHT!

Okay, so call it something different. The name is immaterial. If it looks good, it will still look good even if it has the worst, dumbest, or most inaccurate name in all of existence.

Still looks bad though, IMO :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like blue/red splash over silver is one of the laziest splashes out there. It’s been done to death. I do agree with @YoYoExpertGarrett that it’s way more interesting on a blue base though!

Yeah, I agree that the blue/red/silver splash isn’t exactly exciting (anymore). But I still like it quite a bit better than blue/red/black.

Ooooh Galaxy colorway!

YYF has had this iconic colorway for a while, and it’s interesting to see how it has changed over the course of time.

Of course, at first we have the og galaxy colorway. YYF succesfully released numerous models with this colorway.

Photo courtesy of the lovely TotalArtist

Then, a number of spinoffs of the classic galaxy colorway were made. We have the amazing Alien Galaxy (that looks especially sick on that Shutter).

aliem_galaxy2

Then we have the elusive and rare Golden Galaxy, which in my opinion is beautiful.

For a short time, yoyos like the nightmare and the shutter came with sort of a “transition” galaxy colorway that was labeled as DEATH by YYF.

And now the newer galaxy colorways seem to trade complexity on their color patterns for more solid colors.

In my opinion. I like the older galaxy colorway better. But, I’m happy the newer iterations exist. At the end of the day, they all look kinda the same when the yoyo is spinning lol.

13 Likes

Which is why I don’t bother with non-solid colorways for the most part.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh this is an epic post! @yyfben2.deactivated y’all need to bring back that Golden Galaxy, stat!

1 Like

6 Likes

For me, it really all depends on what and how much colors are being used, on top of the base color.

6 Likes

But it doesn’t look like a real galaxy, @codinghorror

3 Likes

Man, what if the galaxy colorway on the shutter wide angle was a bit darker, my goodness it would be so cool

Huge fan of this colorway Sync, hoping it doesn’t sell out before I get a chance to snag one.

1 Like

HANG ON A MOMENT!

Isn’t there also an aqua based and purple based Galaxy?

I love brightly colored galaxy splashes, I don’t really care about the name choice given to a colorway as long as I think it looks rad. :smiley:

Also here’s a pic of the RRT Boa colorway that was sold out by the time I discovered em, that cotton candy galaxy makes me drool :drooling_face:.

5 Likes

How’s this?

10 Likes

I judge a yoyos’ color appeal to me; based on the individual yoyo.

I’ve seen images of a galaxy colored yoyo and immediately ordered one. Only to open the box in 3 days and see a yoyo that looked very little like the one in the store image in the same ‘named’ colorway.

…As is said, ‘What’s in a name’?

I personally don’t care for black based galaxy color ways. Because when I order one; most often I get a black yoyo with other color accents; lol. And since I really don’t care much for black yo-yos; black based color ways don’t much appeal to me whatever name they come up with.

That said; I am out to not on silver loaded galaxy color ways. I agree with Coding that black is part of ‘space’. And I also recognize that silver is not anywhere near the top 12 colors I think of when I think of space. As Garrett mentioned; the blue based galaxy color ways seem more appealing.

Whatever colorway it is; I have been at Contests where a vendor would have several yo-yos in a certain crazy colorway. And I only liked one of them. Every one came out different.

3 Likes

These are all nice. I have a bit of an obsession with the YYF marble galaxy! I have several galaxy wedges…

6 Likes

Personally I look for accuracy in my galaxy colorways. I look at it and go, is this a perfect representation of the Milky Way? No? We can’t even properly observe the Milky Way, but no, it isnt accurate. Perhaps it is Andromeda or even NGC 4414. It isnt? Oh. They didn’t even try to replicate an easy one like the Triangulum. This is why I have no galaxy colorway yoyos.

4 Likes

I know right!. I love that galaxy on the wedge so much it’s the only wedge I don’t carry around with me, and it looks great in blacklight!

2 Likes

Oh yeah so that’s how you do a Galaxy colorway folks :heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes