G2 YoYos New - Jackal

I am considering getting a triton, Im sure they are worth the money

That’s one of the very best choices you can currently make :slight_smile:

Agreed. One of the best yoyos EVER made.

Quake or triton or Nessie?

I have no idea!

Both the Quake and Triton “perform” better than the Nessie, but I sure did love the Nessie when I tried it. Stock will be your challenge, though!

The “botched” Deep Woods Tritons look great as well, both the new colorways are up my alley. That Albatross is looking pretty sweet too. Solids are always classy but I prefer them on my more budget yoyos or when there is simply no other option. I’d feel like I was committing a crime to purchase any of your 6061 models in a solid when the splashes and acid washes all look so good. I do love me some clear ano though!

The Quake is still my only G2 but I’d be pretty surprised if it stays that way for long. Been hoping to snag an AL 7 Quake on the BST but I’ve seen exactly 0 available and I’m pretty active on there, it’s gotta say something about the play. Heck, even the regular Quake is a rarity on the BST and there are a ton more of them out there.

I’m so glad Jake is making more Tritons. I truly believe that if I was left with only one yoyo, that’s what I would want. I’m glad more people will get a chance to own one.

1 Like

WE NEED SOLID RED QUAKES.

Sorry, red was reserved for the protos

Had the save the cleanest looking color for the protos :cry:

Thanks, I really appreciate that

You dig?

1 Like

Couldn’t resist the Fallen Forest Triton, heard too many “my favorite yoyo ever” cries not to get one at that price. It wasn’t easy passing on the Deep Woods Albatross but I have a really hard time bonding with organic shapes so figured one in an order was enough…hope I don’t regret it. Road Rash looks fantastic by the way, those two colors contrast really well.

Thanks so much! The Glitch is such a great deal. It’s going to make you want one of the a grades so you can feel that perfect love :slight_smile:

Definitely possible, though if your guys’ Glitch is anything like CLYW’s FG standards I will be more than happy with the Fallen Forest. Frankly, at $70, even if it vibes so strongly that it has its own heart beat I will feel good about my purchase. I wouldn’t have even let the public in on the fact that the ano was a mistake, looks great to me ;D

Still trying to avoid the siren’s call of the Albatross…Deep Woods is 100% of the reason I wanted a Quake in the first place but Fire-Bellied is completely different than anything I currently own.

Anybody want a G2 Quake…?  We’re giving one away… for FREE!

So glad to have G2 on board as a sponsor for Fixed Axle February 2014!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q15aWorTr30

Official FAF 2014 facebook page:

Thoughts on your fallen forest Triton?

It’s a great organic yoyo. Very comfortable in the hand and the grooves are a nice added touch. The vibe is pretty much negligible, can only be felt on a thumb grind and even then isn’t offensive at all. I own plenty of full price A-grade yoyos with similar or worse vibe. The Triton hasn’t changed my yoyoing world but at $76 shipped I’d happily recommend it to anyone whether they’re looking for their first G-Squared or just looking to expand their collection. I’m definitely happy I gave it a try!

Also picked up an Abyss Albatross on the BST that came in the mail yesterday, been doing a little side by side comparison. They’re both awesome but I really can’t say which one I prefer at the moment. The specs would suggest that the Albatross would be the clear winner due to its weight but I’m leaning toward the Triton at the moment. It’s unfair to say for sure so soon though, since I’ve had a lot more time to throw the Triton.

Looking forward to trying the AL7 Quake that will hopefully be arriving in the mail today as well, very high expectations for it. My G2 collection has gone from 1 to 4 quite quickly!

edit
AL7 Quake arrived. Expectations have been met and possibly exceeded, wow. Such a different feel than the regular Quake it’s insane. The Quake took a while to grow on me before I loved it, this one just feels like a perfect fit from throw 1.

I know I’m late to the party here, but I totally disagree! I own all 3 and I reach for the Nessie when I’m learning a new trick and want maximum performance.

That said, they all perform fantastic. The Nessie seems like the perfect compromise to me between the smaller, faster Quake and the bigger, slower Triton.