G2 YoYos New - Eclipse Day

:thinking: Define mostā€¦

2 Likes

:flushed::point_right:t3::point_left:t3: a good amount i believe

LOLā€¦ This is Jakeā€™s full time job unless something has changed recently, not a charity.

Not hating on Jake here, Itā€™s one of my favorite things to see someone make a living doing what they love, and he loves yoyos. But to say that ā€œmostā€ or even worse ā€œeverything we sellā€ goes right back to the community is just pretty damn silly.

I meanā€¦ how does it go back into to the community anyway? I would honestly love to hear this.

6 Likes

I quoted a post from 9 years ago so profit margins may have very well changed, I would think that using your time to design more yo-yos, quality check, and deal with customers is still giving back, since time = money.

Those are just a few aspects of Jakeā€™s job, and doing your job doesnā€™t help the community, it only helps your business.

edit - Not trying to pick an argument with you here or anything, I was legitimately curious how most of the funds they make could possibly go back to the community.

6 Likes

You make a very good point, I can only answer based on my assumptions/rationalizations.

Sorry Jake and Garrett, didnā€™t mean to spark anything, just wanted to stand up against an upset reply on the forums.

No problem.

Weā€™re in a different spot now, than 9 years ago. First few years I didnā€™t make anything.

Within the last year Iā€™m just trying this full time, to provide for the family. Through patreon itā€™s been great so far and I feel like Iā€™ve got a
Chance to keep it going.

Iā€™m part of the yo-yo community, so your statements were still true. :beers:

4 Likes

I donā€™t see how people throw shade for you posting on here. Thank god you do or I wouldnā€™t have found G2

Donā€™t worry about it, didnā€™t spark anything. :slightly_smiling_face: While I may have agreed somewhat with the points in the upset reply, it has since been deleted. Back to Jakeā€™s videos.

1 Like

Good morning. Some titanium ano experiment for todayā€™s entertainment.

4 Likes

Good morning. MMYY is live.

4 Likes

Good morning. Ever wonder what the cross section of your favorite titanium yo-yo looks like?

6 Likes

Good morning. Worked in the foundry brass ss and 18v titanium yesterday.

6 Likes

Another free trick for you to learn.

3 Likes

This one time we did a collab, but then kinda didnā€™t.

4 Likes

Good morning. MMYY is live.

3 Likes

Looks like customs are close to being back on the table. These were at the anodizers for 7ish months? Still waiting on 1 more set from this order. It should be coming in with the AL7 Life.

G2 Custom Colorways

3 Likes

Good morning! Little ti action in the G2 HQ yesterday. Having some issues with a couple of the blue ano ones

Office day - before and after Ti Triton

4 Likes

I get asked this a lot. So here it is.

3 Likes

Monday morning yo-yo is live.

2 Likes