G-Squared 7075 Triton Promo

Jake asked me to do a short promo for the release of the new 7075 Triton, so I made this over the weekend. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixHz9GkzlOM

Great video! Great editing/filming and tricks.

Really good. It’s got everything I like in a promo! Good on the video side (directing, filming, editing) and great tricks, too.

Brought this up before but how is the an Al7 promo but the entire video he is using a 6061 Triton?

Because we can all tell the difference between types of anodized, painted, aluminum while they are spinning at top speed…

Love the sarcasticness from someone who obviously doesn’t know yoyos. The yoyo he’s using is a 6061 triton. I know because the Al7 are all in solid colors and he grabs a colorway that was on the 6061 versions. Plus I’ve played a triton in that exact colorway. I know what I’m talking about and pretty obvious you dont.

“I liked the way the regular looked for the video, and the clips with the al7 that I was planning on using all turned out a little dark” -Rizzledizzleavis (Aaron)

Quickie question, are you one G2 now? if so, great fit.

Should’ve just been a triton promo instead of Al7 if the product your trying to promote wasn’t even being used.

Agree. I love the way Aaron tackled this project.

I answered you when you brought it up before, and my answer hasn’t changed. If you have a problem with the way I made MY video, go out and make a better one yourself kid. Otherwise, stop trying to play whistleblower because it gets old real quick.

I initially planned on incorporating the 7075 Triton into the video, but the footage came out too dark so I stuck with what I had.

I don’t understand why it offends you so much that I used a regular Triton in the video, but I can say that complaining about it sure won’t change anything.

Thanks for taking the time to snag that quote :wink:

I’m not on G2, but I do enjoy using their products and Jake is a cool dude. We’ll see what happens in the future.

Not a kid but didn’t see you respond to it till Owen posted it. Not complaining about anything just saying the title is misleading and it truly isn’t an Al7 promo video if the only Al7 triton is in the first few seconds of the entire video. I have the ability to go out and make a Triton promo seeing as I have access to one but I don’t have access to an Al7 so I truly can’t make an Al7 triton promo…but seems you do. This video doesn’t offend me at all but I was just bringing it to everyone’s attention and asking you why you used a 6061 triton promoting the 7075 version, makes no sense.

… But he is not trying to make a promo for a specific product; you are the one making a 7075 Triton promo video.

Just because the video you “planned” on using did not come out the way you wanted, does not give you a pass when potential consumers note that the item being used is not the one advertised. It also does not give you a pass to be salty with those same potential CUSTOMERS who are only pointing out facts. If putting the real 7075 Triton is too much trouble then I have to wonder if that 7075 Triton is truly up to the task?

Perhaps next time, when the real footage does not come out as planned, you could shoot the footage again, but with better lighting; instead of substituting what you have sitting around the editing room floor.

I appreciate your input, but once again, I explained my reasoning for why the video came out as it did and don’t think that it’s as big of an issue as it is being made out to be. If people don’t like how I am promoting G Squared and their new yoyo release with this video, I implore you to make a promotional video of your own and to attempt to do everything right by your own standard there.

As for a more in-depth explanation because apparently nothing less will suffice, I was under time constraints to have the video finished, the conditions under which we were shooting were dark and windy, and I didn’t have a chance to gather more footage because I work full time and am out of town on weekends often. When the footage involving the true 7075 Triton turned out darker and hence unusable, I went with what I had (which happened to be footage with a regular Triton, god forbid…) to finish the video so that it could be finished by the time the yoyo dropped, as Jake and I had agreed on previously. If I had time to reshoot, re-edit, and smooth out the other minor hiccups in the process which we encountered, I most definitely would have. I’m not one to put out a production that I’m not satisfied with, but alas, it is done and there isn’t much that can be done about it.

Personally, I think the video turned out well, and promotes the yoyo/company in a positive way. If it weren’t for the annodization, there would be no difference in which yoyo I used in the video. The 7075 Triton is certainly up to any task that the regular Triton is.

I never said it was a bad video and I thought it was good. Just saying the title doesn’t truly represent what it was supposed to and is misleading to people who can’t tell what you were using. Done arguing about this but this is a good video and i enjoyed it. Good luck with everything.

[quote=“yomagic,post:6,topic:55912”]
Well I guess I’m just a stupid fool who ‘doesn’t know yoyos’ after 6 years of throwing, and I obviously don’t know what I’m talking about. I wasn’t talking about the intro, I was talking about the main part of the video. I’m not some person who memorizes the unique color ways for every edition of yoyo, because I do indeed have a life. I have been away from wifi for almost all of the last two weeks with access to the internet for little to no time every day. Obviously analyzing the available colors/colorways of the AL7 Triton is not at the top of my priority list because I can’t afford it anyway. So please don’t try and diss me, I was making a joke. If you do want to try and diss me in the future, I’d suggest using proper grammar and full sentences. Thanks,

-Kennan

This was something fun I asked Aaron to do. I love the editing in his videos and tricks. The video was more to showcase that than a yoyo. Ignore the title and the video is top notch. He could have easily changed the title, and I’m sure he would have if he thought it was a big deal. I believe it was cleared stated in the info that he used the Triton not AL7 Triton.

Again killer video Aaron!

And who says I don’t have majestic glow AL7 Tritons for my personal stock? :slight_smile: :wink:

And that’s the second reason. Jake owns the company. He can make whatever color way he wants. Like he said, who can say he doesn’t have one?

You must not know but I know quite a lot about every company. Jake has said all the Al7 Tritons are in solid colors and every single Al7 G2 has been in a solid color… :slight_smile:

Have you seen the AL7 Albatross on my site?