Fulvia Keeps Going Off Axis

It comes with a center trac, which keeps string off the very side but rarely perfectly centered.

2 Likes

I guess my question is why is it happening big time on the Fulvia but never on other throws? I never see this; if it’s there, it’s too subtle to throw off play. This is insanely noticeable.

I feel like I have center tracs on plenty of other throws, too.

1 Like

Try weighing the halves. If one side is considerably heavier it will tend to tilt to that side. Otherwise this may be because it’s a yo-yo that’s on the wider side with a considerable amount of rim weight.

6 Likes

Just throwing a sleeper is a not a stable mount, even with a centering bearing. A yoyo precessing like this on a sleeper seems 100% normal to me, especially for newer players who aren’t throwing perfectly straight yet. Heavily echoing everything @bheinz63 is saying. Consider that not all yoyos are equally stable during play, and different yoyos have different amounts of kickback, meaning that each one just unwinds from the string in a different way, altering your throw.

This much precession in a sleeper that isn’t immediately being pinched and perfectly centered seems very normal to me. Just keeping the yoyo in more stable mounts and giving it constant motion will keep it on plane. Practice is the solution to this problem.

6 Likes

So, you’re saying when you throw a sleeper with another yoyo, it Doesn’t turn that quickly?

It is completely normal for a yoyo to precess like that, but it does seem to me like it is turning very quickly.

1 Like

I can’t continue to stress enough that this is an anomaly and happened after a serious whack.

I’ve never seen it this bad on any of my other throws and I’ve been throwing for years on unresponsive.

I’ve dealt with subtle vibe and off-axis stuff like this before that’s been easily fixed. This isn’t something that appears to want to be fixed no matter how many bearings or axles I swapped out.

I’ve thrown this thing for probably 30-45 mins a day for the last three weeks since it’s arrived, and I usually throw my mono or bi metals 30-45 mins a day as well.

I’ve been playing with yo yo since 1998, unresponsive since 2015 with break for pandemic. I’ve never experienced this to this degree.

This isn’t a practice issue this isn’t a misperception of basic physics and beginner n00b failings here; the yo yo’s performance has suffered immensely since said bump.

Something is up with the molded bearing seat.

1 Like

None of my other throws have ever, ever, ever done it to this degree and/or it wasn’t able to be repaired by tightening the axle/swapping bearing out.

None of that worked. The molded bearing seat has been compromised.

1 Like

Maybe the longer axle pushed/pulled the seat out of line, but you said it started before that? We would need to see the post/seat, I would guess if things were that out of line it would vibe though. I have been using mine for 5A since I got it and it seems fine, hope you get it fixed.

1 Like

Take it apart and post some pictures. Get lots of light on it; maybe we will be able to see the damage.

Showing pictures of damage would help, and if you can’t see any damage and have made up your mind that the yoyo is unplayable, well then it’s unplayable to you and nobody will be able to change your mind or help.

Right now you’re just kind of asserting that everybody else is wrong when the only videos you’ve shown have everybody saying “that looks entirely normal.”

4 Likes

im sure other have said already but this yoyo is acting normally. Precessing is what a sleeping yoyo does.

3 Likes

When I put the towel under my door I start to get a bit paranoid too.

I over think a lot and analyze my yoyos like a mad man, especially when it’s a new expensive yo-yo.

When I first got my mfd prime8 I was convinced that it was unbalanced and the more I tried to determine if it was unbalanced the more I became unsure.

I think it’s just in your head but at this point I recommend sending it to someone to test out.

1 Like

I think this doesn’t look normal, I throw my Fulvia and is not going like that, while it’s true that the player experience goes in account when throw the yoyo the OP seems have more than enough experience and the rotation seems very quick, I never seen something like that.

As someone said maybe post pictures of the yoyo open without the bearing or maybe try another axle just to experiment more, seriously me too in more than 10 years I see a yoyo doing this so quickly (that rotate is normal but it takes longer than that)

1 Like

If you play with the yo-yo in any other way than looking at it longingly while it spins… ie doing tricks, the engagement with string or even moving around will be greater than the precession and you won’t have a problem.

This is 100% normal behavior. There is nothing wrong with the yo-yo, just use it as it was intended.

9 Likes

Like I’ve also said dozens of times here none of my other yo yos do this nor have they ever, in my decades of throwing.

Volume up:

1 Like

Again for the 1,555 time; if this is normal why are none of my other dozens of throws, metals, plastics, bi metals, etc. doing this, let alone to this degree? I never get that answer yet you all seem so confident this is normal, lmao.

Please turn your volume on:

Turn your volume on please:

It’s in the string tension! I think…

Duplicate topic.
Go here for more…