FS - New US Made General-Yo Amplitude

Just like what’s in the title :slight_smile:
Found Here

1 Like

Hmm… two things.

In the eBay description you list it as “never thrown,” however in one of the pics, although it doesn’t break ano, there’s clearly a ding. What’s up with that?

Also, General Yo’s “Comp grades” were what their B-grades were called for a time. This pricing is unusually high for a B-grade, and more in line for an A-grade IMO.

My 2¢

9 Likes

To your first thing: I honestly don’t know as this is how I received it from the manufacturer. It was for sale to the public in my physical store and it was never thrown. It was kept sat on top of its box in my display case and not a demo unit.

To your second thing: I am well aware that competition grades were their “B-Grades”. I believe their reasoning was that these were yoyos a player would use and take on stage instead of keeping them for display only. Seems silly to me that the community has adopted “B-Grade” since it cheapens the throw by giving it that negative label.

Your third thing (you said two?): The price for this yoyo is higher because General-Yo has shifted their production overseas and this one was made in the General’s workshop here in the United States.

In my opinion your two cents is worth less than that.

it’s literally a b-grade, “comp grade” is just General-Yo’s name for it. You’re allowed to charge whatever you want for it, but that doesn’t change the fact that the manufacturer thought it was a b-grade and sold it for much less.

5 Likes

I agree. This is a ridiculous price. If someone buys it then good for him, but I’ve seen mint A grade amplitudes struggle to sell for 60 lol.

4 Likes

It’s hardly considered a negative label around here, more of an opportunity to get a good throw at a discount, whether as a collectible or a player. You wouldn’t try to sell a damaged baseball card for the same price it’s worth in mint condition.

He had valid points…

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.