FS: Flame 60$ WTB: Aotus Halloween edition

If you’re asking about the Bimetal Shutter in general, it is a great throw IMO. Long spins, stable, and a freakin steal for that price. If I didn’t have 2, I’d be all over that deal.

And pretty sure the second pic is the Tourney.

1 Like

PM’d

1 Like

Some really nice deals there. Sucks that I don’t have enough cash atm or anything on your trade list :frowning:

1 Like

Hey there, i just looked it over again and there are no blemishes that I can see, if I missed something it has to be incredibly tiny. No perceptible fingernail or string vibe.

It’s very powerful and stable while being aging as well and definitely worthy of competitive play.

1 Like

If its still available, I’ll jump on it. Thanks.

Okay down to my last 2 (for now at least). Willing to do a deal for both if it means getting them off my hands quicker.

That FLAME is a steal at this price!!!
Someone needs to pick this up.
I already have one and it is an incredible throw.

3 Likes

It’s the YYF curse. Never buy one of their yo-yos assuming you’ll ever get much more than 50% of the cost if you’re lucky.
Which is just part of a larger trend Covid has only made worse, there are a limited number of yo-yos that people will buy and if you don’t have any of those you better list it cheap.

The things that sell are certain brands (G2, CLYW, SF, RSO) generally with more limited runs, specific limited edition colorways, most titanium, old significant yo-yos (07 888, old Clyw, general yo).

There’s just too much good, affordable stuff out there where I think people just don’t bother buying used stuff unless they literally can’t get it new. And there’s less unique yo-yos that stand out now given the 500 brands that exist now, so there’s a lot of overlap in yo-yo design where even if I don’t own the yo-yo you’re selling i definitely own one very similar.

I think thats also partially why trades are much less common, there are so many choices that there’s less likely to be overlap in what two people are interested in. 10 years ago (plus) it was much more likely that there were a few yo-yos that almost everyone in the community would be interested in just due to less volume and more areas of innovation to explore still.

Not sure why I ranted here, just think it’s interesting how yo-yo BST has shifted based on the growth of the hobby over the years. And I’ve been relatively inactive here lately.

9 Likes

I agree that there are some throws and especially YYF that just don’t sell on the BST without extreme discounts. Duncan really shifted towards that this year IMO after the crazy sale they did for yoyo day. Even in trades the Duncans have like no value.

Although… I still trade pretty regularly through the many BSTs. Interested in anything other than your single want for the Flame and/or Tourney? PM me if so.

5 Likes

Alright buyer backed out flame still here

Want Aotus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.