FS: Arctic Circle 1, Alex Berenguel OG Peak, RecRev Freq Wave, 2SYY Knight

I have been searching the forum for ways to smooth out damages. I have an Expedition that lost a fight to my back patio. It surprsingly plays pretty well still but I’d like to smooth out the sharper damages so it doesn’t have that potential to scratch me as I play. Is there a good thread anywhere on this?

1 Like

You can remove sharp edges of dings with a very fine file or a piece of fine sandpaper wrapped around a flat stick (say 200 grit), an emery board for doing nails works too. The kind my wife uses have a fine and coarse side.Just take the sharp edge off. The leave the dips or you will have a flat spot.

2 Likes

if you have a jagged gnarly barb, you can squish it back into place with the back of a spoon then sand smooth.

3 Likes

Bless you. Looks like I have a new weekend experiment now

In your experience, has this yielded better results then trying to simply file off the barbed protrusion?

@pink
You want to keep as much material still on the yoyo. This can help reduce the amount of vibe induced by the damage. The idea is to keep as much of the metal still on the yoyo, just smoothed out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.