From the RSO Vault

NOTE: THE BOX FOR SOME OF THE MODELS BELOW ARE NOT AVAILABLE

TOP ROW, FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

1. END TITANIUM ANODIZED PROTOTYPE: I believe this is a 1 of 3, with Doc Pop and Shimon Osada the only two others who has one. This has a shorter nipple than the production End Titanium. A beautiful anodised dark gold colour. Extremely rare and a collector’s piece.

2. MECHA-BAPEZILLA GOUDA EDITION: 1 of 16. Gold electroplated Mecha-Bapezilla. Has tiny spots on the body which is typical for the ones in the run.

3. MECHA-BAPEZILLA OG EDITION: Standard edition from my collection. I have a spare.

4. MECHA-BAPEZILLA GODZILLA EDITION: Standard cracked coat version from my collection. Again a duplicate.

5. MECHA-BAPEZILLA RAW FIRST RUN: Standard edition from my collection. Another duplicate.

6. MECHA-BAPEZILLA ROSE GOLD: 1 of 3. Rose gold electroplated. Extremely rare and a collector’s piece. Similar coating to the Bowl Titanium Japan Edition. Has smudges on the surface which affected all 3 made.

SECOND ROW

1. YWETi SE Edition MK II: Standard raw version. A duplicate.

2. DRI YWETI: Standard blasted rose gold electroplated version. A duplicate.

3. WET YWETI: Standard blasted blue electroplated version. A duplicate.

4. BAPEZILLA 3 PROTOTYPES: These were made in collaboration with Sonny after we did the Mecha-Bapezilla. While the project fizzled off due to my personal preferences on its playfeel, others who have tried it love it. There is almost zero chance of these going into production. Essentially a 54mm, puffier Bapezilla made of 6061 aluminium. One which Sonny donated raised slightly over 600 USD at the Fundraiser for Racial Justice back in 2020. These come in a C bearing (green & blue, tribute to the OG Bapezilla) and D bearing (black & pink, tribute to the Fluchs) versions. Raw iterations of each one are also available. Note that the Bape 3 prototypes are eligible for a refund (minus retail) if they ever get released. There is however almost zero chance of that happening.

THIRD ROW

1. BOXER 303 STAINLESS STEEL WITH SIDE EFFECTS: Inspired by the Wooly Marmot 1, and with Side Effects. Has an engraving which will be different from the production version. This will also be released this year.

2. BOXER 7068 ALUMINIUM PROTOTYPE: Inspired by the Wooly Marmot 1. Does not have engraving and uses 19mm pads instead of CLYW / G-grip pads which will be used in the production version. This will be released this year.

3. HEAVY DUTY PROTOTYPES: Inspired by the Pybit, this yo-yo has gone through several prototypes. While it is surprisingly stable despite its shape, I have not been a fan of how it plays and thus have not put it into production. All the artwork is done (also 2 revisions). The boxes and accessories have also been made. V2 has more rim weight than V1. V3 has the nipple bump removed and width reduced. V1 and V2 have ano flaws.

FORTH ROW

1. DERTi PROTOTYPE: Based on the same CAD as the production DERTi but has an engraving similar to Russell Andert’s old models. 1 of 3. A collector’s piece.

2. TiRAMiSU C AND D BEARING PROTOTYPES: The prototypes Paul and I made for TiRAMiSU 1. He also owns a pair of these. The C bearing version has 19mm pads - this ended up being the TiRAMiSU 2 (which used CLYW / G-grip pads). Engravings also differ from the production version.

3. E1NSTiEN PROTOTYPE: 2g heavier than the production version.

4. SILVER BULLET TITANIUM PROTOTYPE: Unengraved prototype. No CAD change was made for the production version.

BOTTOM ROW

1. BOWL MINI TITANIUM PROTOTYPE: D bearing instead of C bearing. About 1.5 to 2 g heavier than the production version.

2. BOWL MINI 303 STAINLESS STEEL C BEARING: The OG Bowl Mini released approximately 4 years ago. This version is highly coveted and comes with the Little Tikes pin. The yo-yo has a few tiny 1mm rust spots in the hub and engraving.

3. BOWL MINI 303 STAINLESS STEEL C BEARING PROTOTYPE: 1.5 - 2g heavier than the production version. Also has a few tiny 1mm rust spots in the hub and engraving.

4. UNNAMED BOWL PROTOTYPE (TITANIUM, 54MM, C BEARING): This was prototyped about 2 years ago. Love the playfeel on this one, but may make the production lighter than its existing 64.5g.

30 Likes

Amazing stuff!
Fingers crossed for a Bape 3 Proto :crossed_fingers:
#44😉

6 Likes

Wowza! Good Luck with the fundraiser.

The Bowl Mini C bearing, originally there were 5 polished release. Would this make it 6 or did you keep one? I’m watching this one.

4 Likes

Hey Josh! The one in the picture is a brushed one.

2 Likes

Heavy Duty artwork that has been done (old on top, new at the bottom). I had the original artwork redone so that it was more of RSO’s style.

18 Likes

Just curious if this already happened?

3 Likes

Chatted with Elvin yesterday regarding that, he said he was super swarmed with work, but hoping for this weekend.

4 Likes

Did he mention anything about the ends going on sale this weekend along these or will that be a separate drop?

1 Like

In his IG live stream he thought this weekend would be tight. He was still assembling. Probably not.

6 Likes

Hey all! These will drop Sunday, 19 March, 7pm ET. Thank you!

13 Likes

Are the ends also going to drop tomorrow?

1 Like

Apologies to all but the blue / green C bearing Bape 3 prototype will not be available on the drop. Good luck for the rest nonetheless!

5 Likes

Note that the Bape 3 prototypes are eligible for a refund (minus retail) if they ever get released. There is however almost zero chance of that happening.

6 Likes

New items added to the list. Some descriptions also amended. Thanks everyone!

13 Likes

That anodized Bape 3 went fast, especially considering the price. How do we convince you to do a production run @lytelvin ?:sob:

12 Likes

Was out of stock when I went to complete the purchase. Someone clicked faster than I did, lol.

2 Likes

I had it in cart expecting it to be fairly affordable given the 6061, I was wrong lol.

5 Likes

All gone thanks @lytelvin :+1:

6 Likes

Same, I was clicking for all I was worth.

4 Likes

I also would buy a Bape 3 if they went to retail.

5 Likes