Freestyle help

hi,
For freestyles for contests, do I need more then one freestyle? one for the preliminary then one for the final? or do I use the same for both(song and tricks)? because I wanna go to the bill liebowitz classic but that would be my first contest and I hardly know anything about contest.

For some contests, you’ll only do one freestyle.

However, if you do two, I would recommend using different tricks (the crowd and judges don’t want to see the same thing twice :wink: )

Good Luck :slight_smile:

I can use the same song though right? because on the BLC contest website it says there are two rounds for freestyles for rookies(unless i read it wrong).

Like John Ando. He does that same exact beginning every time. Brain Twisters, into his trick. In my words, freestyle is literally, freestyle! Do whatever comes to mind. Whatever you do, you do. :slight_smile:

I think you read wrong. There is only one round of freestyles for rookies at BLC.

Also, Spencer, it is generally better to have a routine.

Yeah, I just posted that because it said FREEstyle, but yeah. I knew that…

What would be the normal protocol for contests? ( like preliminaries and what you have to do in them and later rounds etc)

Freestyle does not necessarily mean improvisation.

freestyle: a performance or routine featuring relatively free, unrestricted movement or intended to demonstrate an individual’s special skills or style, as in figure skating, gymnastics, or surfing.

Obviously, there are no rules saying you have to do a different routine, but as DYonch said it would be recommended because people don’t really want to see the same thing twice. Just try and mix it up a little. You can still use some of the same tricks, but variety is the spice of life. :wink:

What kind of contests have trick lists like http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2006worlds/rules.html . because I think that the trick list is what I’m worried about and I don’t know If they are only in some contests or all.

If the contest has a Sports Ladder, it will say so on the website. It doesn’t look like BLC will be having one.

Also, you shouldn’t be “worried” about anything. This is all for fun, right? :wink: