For the Sponsored, previeously sponsored and Dedicated i have a question

Reading the part in parentheses really helps. The quoted part of the original post is also very helpful. I’m not trolling. I’m just trying to make the point that sweeping generalizations and stereotypes based on one persons actions are neither helpful or accurate.

Since when did disagreeing with a statement become trolling? I think the OP should understand that you can respond intelligently to any part of his post. Not answering the question at hand doesn’t make you troll.

Apparently people are sensitive. I now know to use vanilla examples whenever trying to make a point. I thought since the whole Ray Rice issue was in the news a while ago, that maybe it would be easy for people to understand. I miscalculated. Instead of actually drawing the meaning of the post, it was just sensationalized.

(This is a response mostly to the OP and less about you NEWbe)

I’m sorry would you like to explain what he meant then? Seeing as you know/understand all things.

For the record, I never ever said that these generalizations and stereotypes don’t get made. Just that they shouldn’t. I acknowledge that it does indeed happen by using the word should. If you don’t have a problem with anything directly stated in my post, hop off. Or shoot me a PM cuz you’ve obviously missed my point.

It’s also wrong to put words in peoples mouths. It really shouldn’t happen. But you do it anyway.

thats sounds cool dude, thats pretty much my point just keep it up dude,why did it “flop”?

1 Like

Oh I was totally joking haha and i agree with most of what you have said.

if you want to get sponsored by a particular company, use their yoyos but don’t tell the company you want sponsorship

1 Like

I’d say, YOYOING IS NOT ABOUT GETTING A SPONSER!!! If it happens just let it. But for now just Yoyo for the fun of it!

1 Like

Square Wheels approached me when I showed interest in joining Deadly Spins. They wanted to wait a little longer to sponsor me but when I showed some initiative they picked me up.

1 Like

how did square wheels know you were interested in deadly spins?

they had a contest a long while ago.

I disagree with this to an extent. I think it’s okay to tell a company that you want sponsorship. But, I don’t think anyone should seek sponsorship, until they are ready to offer a company something great.

This is from YoyoFactory ask.fm. They have told several people inquiring about sponsorship to “apply.” I think it’s like a job, it’s great to be offered one without asking, but it’s certainly okay to apply for one too:

2 Likes

I feel i need to say it again i meant no offense to anyone and i don’t mean in stereotype just trying to say examples i’ve seen without dropping names. I have secretly browsed the forums forever but i am not much on posting on them i mostly just search out release dates and reviews. I find alot of these answers very awesome! Exactly what i was looking for. I mean it’s not that your not already telling that which i didn’t know i just wanted to hear it from other people. And as far as yoyoing shouldn’t be a goal i disagree i see it as a means to self improvement a motivator if you will. I’ve been avidly yoyoing since 2010 and have follow the scene from the sidelines i want to compete but it was really hard being in such a remote location (technological wasteland also) now that i’ve moved i have no one to throw with yet. i’ve started networking and trying to meet new local yoyoers in my area but its a process. right now i couldn’t except an offer because i know i couldn’t hold my end of the bargain but i do see it as a nice long term goal. i’m not in it for free stuff i just want to be more involved in the community and make some things happen and i see that as a means to an end. It gives you Rep which gives you power which if used right gives you respect and opportunities that would be available otherwise. I realize not alot of sponsored players post on the forums thus why i was considering withdrawing my post but now that i have recieved some positive feedback i’d like to see what comes from it.

I think i might have a different definition of trolling. i think of it like a boat trolling through water you and then you see something interesting so you head over there and try to make a funny comment that can come in many forms some funny, some rude, some uncalled for but usually totally unrelated to the actual overall topic. if you get where im coming from?

You already saw my post on Facebook, but I’m going to lay it down here for everyone else to see!

Met David and Shawn of One Drop probably a couple months into my throwing days back in 2007. Fell in love with what they were doing and sort of just ran with it. A couple months down the line after a few videos, they hit me up and it was game time.

1 Like

You the Man Paul! If your coming through Portland hit me up dude i live in SE

Me and Yoyofficer.

It started in Summer 2012, Yoyofficer was available at the time only at one shop and just released third model, Crayon. I got Aura and Brave and thought it offered amazing performance for the price and good competitive models just for 50$.( it was time before bigger brands started fosucing on this part of market).

I always enjoyed supporting unknown brands, that should be more popular. So I started making videos with them, showing it to people and to shop owners, recommending them online. After some time, I got in contact with guys behind Yoyofficer and learned about their problems with managing social networks from China. So I volunteer to do that for them(and I’m in charge to this day). At that time, I also started to compete more on Czech contests and I was using Yoyofficer models. From that it was short path before I got offered place on their team, as first non-Chinese member.

1 Like

So my comments on your post were uncalled for?

I didn’t say anything in a funny or rude way. I can’t see how it could be unrelated, as I’m responding to words directly from your first post in this thread.

So I don’t like stereotypes. I don’t think they’re helpful. I guess that’s all it takes for you to become a troll. I wonder how you’d defend stereotypes, but that will never happen. You’ll just call me a troll.

Maybe you see any disagreement as trolling you. If that’s your definition, then you will be trolled throughout your life. And there’s little you can do about it.

(Not everyone will agree with you.)

^ There have been some great posts in this thread so far, please lets not ruin it by letting it dissolve into another pointless internet argument.

Bina as far as I’m concerned, you’re pretty much the face of Yoyofficer. The amount of advertising and publicising you’ve done for them is remarkable… I doubt they’d be anywhere near as popular as they are here without your constant feedback and details of upcoming releases. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From the stories of getting sponsored and what people say will get you sponsored. Looks like I’ll never get sponsored. I’m a type of yoyoer that does not make videos, rarely competes and when I do my performance sucks but it seems to entertain the crowd, also it doesn’t help that my yoyos break on me constantly. What ever I’m still here with me yoyo havin’ fun.

All of the “how do I get sponsored” stuff should come well after the “why do I want to be sponsored” conversation.

Determine first and foremost what you want, and who you want it from. That should pretty effectively guide your actions in getting yourself noticed and becoming someone of value to your potential sponsor.

2 Likes

Since you asked nicely I’ll stop posting. Apparently stating that stereotypes are a baseless way to judge a community ruins the conversation. I get it. We keep it 90 on the forums.

1 Like