Float Kings (A comparative overview of the floatiest yoyos in my collection.)

would the capless be considerd foaty or not?

I personally don’t consider the Capless foaty OR floaty. It’s pretty much in the middle. It’s not a brick on a string, but nor is it what I think of as “floaty”. Remember, though, “floaty” is not the ultimate characteristic in a yoyo; some people prefer a solid-feeling yoyo.

I need to get myself an Acrophobia. So amazing.

Also, I’m not sure how the Cliff hasn’t made it on the list. The proto cliff I tried at Eli Hops was the floatiest yoyo i’ve ever tried.

I believe my favorite floaty yo ever was the 1st run Peak-never anodized- I had many moons ago.

Foaty or floaty?

It’s neither. In my opinion.

(It’s definitely not foaty, as per his question… and I assume he meant “floaty”. I was just busting his chops over the typo. :wink: )

I have a magnesium OD project at 54gr that is beyond a floater.
Crazy fun to (try) to play with.

I would say my stack less satined DNA is more floaty than all of these. It weighs in at 64 G with stacks plus no stacks plus satined= FEATHER
^^^ Just my Opinion

Bumping for more opinions. I think the floatiest yoyo i have ever had was a decently beat first run Avalanche, just so bouncy and floaty and fun. Sigh miss it so much.

Is there anything floatier than an OG PunchLine? Maybe, but I haven’t found it yet. :wink: (disclaimer: I have hardly scratched the surface of yoyos, and the OP, Jason, has indeed played PunchLines and they didn’t seem to make his list…)

I played guy Wrights actual og punch line. It floats (kinda light imo, but i guess it’s about right for the size) but i don’t know if it floats as much as the m10… I can tell you for a fact the m10 is much more stable though

This I believe (wrt to the stability). M10 is still something I’ll hopefully get my hands on some day.

I do love the punch lines shape though… Can’t get much better than that

Dome side affects really make a yoyo float, especially from my experience the Cascade and the Victory

Necro on this because it’s funny how floaty is one of those perennial terms that is always up for debate. It’s like the term “warmth” used to describe qualities of recorded sound and music.

In any case, note how the OG Peak and Punchline were considered floaty, ca. 2013. Would they be considered floaty today?

Also, I see another fun term in this thread… “slicey”. I think I must like slicey throws. Back then it was the Overdrive. Now it’s the GOPA.

1 Like

Santa gonna be flying tonight

2 Likes

I think of the Duncan Orbital GTX as floaty, feels light. Old yoyojams had float, X-convict, Hitman. (I think)

Dude this really threw me when I opened the thread; I thought Jason had made this today. I’m surprised the Chief wasn’t up there either.

2 Likes