Float Kings (A comparative overview of the floatiest yoyos in my collection.)

Thanks for the post Jason. Love reading your posts.

It’s nice to hear opinions from people who have played many many yoyos.

Cannot wait to get my Model 10 now.

It’s not
It’s possible to have a heavy floaty yoyo.
The light feeling is just that. A light feeling

I’d consider it to be very
Glidy, slides easily everywhere on the string

I guess I wouldn’t know float if it hit me in the face. I have a albatross and assumed it played the way it does based on weight. It didn’t feel floaty. That’s compared to a cascade and bandit.

God I want that alliance so bad.

Cascade is pretty floaty!

No, I think that’s good. I can see how “floaty-ness” of the Overdrive would not be seen as its defining characteristic.

It’s cool, man. I am patient, I just don’t want you to forget. :slight_smile: And I’m sure others would be pretty interested in how the different Peaks play. Not too many people are going to have Peaks from all the 3 runs to compare!

Love the discussion here!

I spent forty minutes playing and comparing the Spyy Punchline, Ti5 and Chief against the six yoyos I originally listed. I’m going to try them again tonight and will update my comparison, but my initial thoughts are that the Punchline is solidly Tier 2. The Ti5 is Tier 2, maybe Tier 3. And the Chief is smilar to the Peak in floaty feeling, putting it in Tier 3.

Remember, the way I’m defining the tiers is that these are all floaty yoyos… so even if it’s a Tier 3, it’s still pretty darn floaty.

Dang you, Jason. Dang you to heck.

I JUST told my wife that my El Ranchero was probably the last full-priced yoyo I’m going to want to buy for a while, and here you have me wanting a Model 10. It’s not like there’s going to be a Model 10 available on the BST or anything…

So gosh dang you.

:wink:

Don’t forget about the puffin. I ring it to be extremely floaty too.

I’ve tried a lot of throws, and I’d say the TiWalker was the “floatiest” in my opinion. I also think the Skywalker is quite floaty, hence the name. Ti5 is up there and the 1st run Chiefs too. Great topic!

The royale, wow this thing is FLOATY
Honestly I deem this thing to be more floaty than the Lynx haha

Hopping on the Acrophobia bandwagon here. I’ve often said that that throw will make believers out of those who deny the existence of float.

Cool thread, man! I really like the tier system too. I really hope you have the chance to get your hands on an Acro soon because I’d be really interested to see where you’d place it. It’s a shame I sold mine, otherwise I’d totally lend it to you just for the sake of this thread.

Id lend your old acro, BUTTT
I cant live a day without it :smiley:

Haha, can’t say I blame you my friend. Glad it’s still getting plenty of love!

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=45326.0;attach=11086;image

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=45326.0;attach=11087;image

Its so glorious now!

Woah, that is sweet!

Aint it? :smiley:

I want on the Acrophobia bandwagon, too.

It’s my daily throw. The float is misleading because it makes the spin feel weak and lackluster. But it powers through every combo I throw at it. It’s gonna be my competition throw this year, actually.