Fixed Axle?

I am experimenting a lot with fixed axle play recently. Is there anything out there other than my butterfly?

I would like to try something with a bit more weight.

Also, how does wooden axle compare to fixed? is it similar? or a great step up?

If you want a good fixed axle yoyo. Get a no-jive. Ask ed. He knows.

No Jive is wooden axle. But i am really considering getting one.

Wooden axle and fixed axle are the same as far as play go.

1 Like

I thought the No Jive was a metal axle with a ball bearing, considering Tom Kuhn was one of the first yoyo designers to throw a ball bearing in the mix. I dunno, Ed will probably have to reply to set the score straight, wonder if his spidey-senses are tingling considering how we are discussing his favorite yoyo. :stuck_out_tongue:

See what I did thar?

Anyway, I’ve had no-jives. They are wooden axled yoyos. Actually it is a fixed metal screw with a wooden axle sleeve over it. But thats getting technical even for me.

1 Like

Also you could try a Duncan ProFly. Wooden axle, comes apart like a “real” yo-yo, and doesn’t cost much more than a Butterfly.

Have Fun,
Java

1 Like

A wooden axle plays much differently than a metal axle due to the wood grain. One thing to do w/the wood to smooth it out a bit is to wrap a length of string around the axle leaving enough on each end to grab. Pull it tight and pull it back and forth a few times to remove the cluff and small splinters from a new axle.

1 Like