Fixed Axle Play

Yeah I’m borrowing my friends No-Jive and I’m really loving this. Landed (only once) a stalled quiji-bo, or however you spell it (the trick Ed did at the beginning of one of his vids, only I didn’t do the kick flip at the end). ;D

Bought a No-Jive from Tom Kuhn’s website! So excited. It’s the Optic Star, 3-1 one.

Some of us started, so long ago, with fixed axle because that was all there was. I have an OUT I like. I just do not practice with it like I should.

My most used throws are two TMBRs. A Baldwin and Moxon. The Mox is amazing and fun as heck.

The tricks are more challenging and rewarding when you land them. Still love my bearing CLYW and 2Sick throws, but the wood is good.

I’ve been rocking out on a Butterfly for a few weeks now. It’s something incredibly fresh and fun I can sink my teeth into after bearing play was feeling stale for me.

Can the Mox loop well?

Im no pro, but I’ve made it land some pretty cool trick.

It’s a butterfly style body.

You can build it in Imperial (and Pagoda) shape too.

Well I finally got a no jive optic star! Looks like they sent me an imperial one lol…. Ah well, more of a challenge for me I guess.

And, just out of curiosity, do they advertise it as being customizable into different shapes if the engraving’s only on one side? Wouldn’t it burn the string if you flipped the halves into the Flying Camel shape?

With the optic star engraving you’d probably get some buzz and premature string wear flipping it butterfly. You can technically do it but it would be a weird feel. Probably not a big deal if you’re mostly working low spin stall stuff.