Fixed Axle February-Week 2

Cotton might be too much for these butterflies depending on thickness. Try and match the thickness of the OG string in a synthetic blend.

1 Like

In an effort to learn Shoot the Moon I came across this videoā€¦ be careful!

7 Likes

Do either of these bungling monstrosities count for the s&g eli,? @yomartyo

7 Likes

First one looked good to me!

1 Like

Here is my terrible face blurring and all 4 tricks this week.

Purple throw is a Butterfly. Red is an Imperial.

14 Likes

Iā€™d count the first one.

4 Likes

Please do!

1 Like

Nate, I reiterate that putting the tricks that needed clearance on such a cold week was cruel. We all know that you did it on purpose >_<

My hands were dying, so I hope these sloppy takes are good enough.

14 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoWRxV5jr2p/?igshid=ZDFmNTE4Nzc=
Iā€™m still working on that stop and go eli hop but I managed to land one so far

7 Likes

I seem to have the best luck when I focus on keeping the sting as tight as possible try practicing Eli hops before trying the stop and go Eli hops Iā€™ve only gotten a few but that seems to be working for me

2 Likes

Thanks!

I did step back and am practicing the ā€œpartsā€ of the trickā€¦ @Eric_Newlin suggested the same. Start with the pieces and the hopefully I can put them together. Itā€™s easier too on a yo-yo with a bearing. Trying to get it consistent there and then on to the fixed axle.

Iā€™ve landed it a couple of time but of course I wasnā€™t recording.

Iā€™m gonna get this one. Shoot the moon is another story. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t see the bonus tricks on first viewing. Hereā€™s the full list copy/pasted from the Week 1 video:

Weekly Fixed Axle Trick List
Week 1: Trapeze Stall, Brother Stall, Double or Nothing Stall, and Makin Da Zines
Week 2: Zipper Stall (over and under), Stop and Go to Eli Hop, Shoot the Moon (3 reps), Lunar Landing
Week 3: Paddle Ball, Tape Measure, Windshield Wipers, and Backhand Balance to Lunar Landing
Week 4: Dumptrucks, Kickflip Suicide, Varial, and Recaptures (trapeze or Lunar Landing style)
Bonus Tricks (1 extra entry for each)- Kwyjibo, Split the Atom, or Spirit Bomb 
5 Likes

If itā€™s any consolation, I too froze my hands off filming.

6 Likes

hereā€™s what I got for now, trick 1 is a sort of a passable stop&go eli hop , second is for the bonus kwijibo. give me like a year on STMā€¦ iā€™ll start trying zipper stalls, I almost never work on front style string tricksā€¦

12 Likes

What are you throwing? Nice.

This is a half swapped new duncan butterfly I put together, with an oak axle and weight rings on the inner walls. Its about 56 grams. Its my best modding experiment so farā€¦

9 Likes

Hence the image at the startā€¦. Please teach us. Seems like you had a lot of spin. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, this is my entire for week2ā€‹:yo-yo::pray:Fixedaxlefebruary 2023 week 2

11 Likes

Hard week for meā€¦ only one trick. I have to work on my STM :smiling_face_with_tear:

14 Likes

whoopsā€¦

12 Likes