FiXED AXLE CHALLENGE: The Tenth Circle

I can’t get a strong enough signal to watch the video yet.

Good luck everyone. Seems like it’s a beast!

I think he will too. :wink:

1 Like

I’m really bummed I have to do this, but after doing snap starts till 11 pm last night my thumbs all messed up and so is my wrist. This isn’t healthy for me; I’m gonna have to stop.

Maybe I’ll record the trick without the snapstart just for fun? But this isn’t good for me, and I have a lot of piano competitions coming up.

I appreciate everything you’ve put into this contest Ed! I’ve had such a blast and have learned so much. Good luck final 2!

Note that I certainly haven’t given up in spirit. If I’m feeling a bit better tomorrow I’ll yoyo my heart out till I land this trick. ;D

Nooooooo… my meme is destroyed! :cry: :stuck_out_tongue:
Get better soon, hope you will come back to it

Health comes before yoyos. We all know that you’re putting in serious work on this. Good job, and if it helps, I think you made he right decision here.

2 Likes

you gotta take care of you. totally understandable. i know how snap-starts can tear up a wrist and hand. my carpal tunnel and tendonitis would back me up on that.

with you potentially out on the DL and adam unable to see the content, if NO ONE is able to it the trick in the time limit, we will move to a “sudden death” round. in that round, there will be a new trick posted at a pre-designated time, and the first to post themselves hitting it will win the contest (second will get 2nd, etc). that’s ONLY if no one makes it through this round though. i’ve got to assume logi is going pretty hard right now.

2 Likes

lol thanks guys. The last thing I want you all to think is that I’ve given up and come up with an excuse :stuck_out_tongue: Glad it doesn’t look like that.

No one wants a poor sport 8)

2 hours and swollen thumb later

I present to you

Nothing.

2 Likes

Troll Level: over 9000.

I saw your new post and was like…“HE HIT IT!!!” But then I was like… :unamused:

I hear you!

Trolling to da max.

It’s turning purple!

Ed, gotta ask…Have you been using the same setup for the entire contest? I see it’s your “Play Simply” No Jive, but do you make any changes to it for different tricks? Is it just setup stock? thanks

same yo-yo/setup. i’ve run through like 3 no jive axles since the contest started.
the setup i’m running is a play simply no jive with a super-thin oxy iv o-ring as a shim and a dead duncan friction sticker (gives me more zip on my power throws). type 8 or type 10 cotton string.

4 Likes

Okay…
I got a bit of a signal and saw most (all?) of ed’s video on Instagram earlier today.

3 hours later:

Found an excuse to come into town and upload haha. (Hottest get more veggies for the bbq!)

Good Lord. Ed, is it possible that you could have made this any harder?
#stickaforkinme

Haha oh man.

6 Likes

And the award for best video for this contest everybody…loved the ending ;D

1 Like

I’m super sorry, but as far as I know, Ed did make it harder.
Your supposed to throw the mars landing out of the mount and land into a lunar. Not just flip it around on your fingers… Unless I’m seeing your video wrong or I saw Ed’s wrong and I wasted four hours…

Oh BTW

Four hours andddddd(drumroll plz)

Nothing.

1 Like

:-[ :-\ :cry:

yeah… man adam, i genuinely wish that was the last move, but unless i’m seeing yours wrong… it’s gotta hop up and land back in lunar. that was where Someone was saying he missed like 10x yesterday.

i meant to make round 10 hard. i did NOT mean to crush anyone’s spirit or body, i swear.

1 Like

Ten makes me laugh now.
For reals.
Like.
I should get back to work.

So close Adam!

I can’t believe we found a trick Someone gave up on… I get it bro, injury will stop anything…

Wish so bad I was still in this, but this trick has me stumped also…

Is it alright if I double up the string on the gap, TotalArtist style? To help with the snap start motion?

1 Like