First yo by Duncan

I was just in a local toy store. I picked this up a few of these for 3 of my younger children under 4. A safe throw for most everyone and everything. I had not heard of this yo-yo made of mostly thick latex. I have. It opened this one up yet

Has any one had any experience with these

5 Likes

I love mine!

1 Like

I’m not into how it plays but it is super soft to catch.

1 Like

Up and down is all it needs to do for my small children the soft squishy is so they do not break them selves and stuff around them slinging a plastic full size. I tested it with a slim bad wolf and it becomes a bit less responsive. I really got them for the kid they will really enjoy them.

1 Like

I have a couple of these for the yoyo club at the school where i work. It’s good for the kinders and pre-kinders, who still don’t quite have the coordination thing down, but it’s very “bouncy” responsive out of the box (i think string comes double-looped on axle). Still a fun addition to the club’s collection—added bonus of the rubber outside of this one and the classic Duncan indestructibility (most of the club’s Duncans have survived 6+ years lol).

5 Likes

It can do a lot of tricks. I’ve even played off string with mine.

Edit:not me in the video

6 Likes

I get these for young kids to get the literal feel for a yoyo. Both my 2 and 4 year old have one. Safest yoyo for them to fake a speed combo with a dead yoyo on. Also when they inevitably make it a flail.

I’ve also with permission from there parents given first yo-yos away to my kids toddler friends.

2 Likes

I’ll be selling these in the near future for kids not old enough for a ball bearing looper

3 Likes

One thing I will say is I tested how easily the rims can be pulled off. Was worried about destructive children. They rip right off. I used a little super glue to put them back on. Works great. When I get them in for resell I’m going to mod one with weight rings inside before I glue it.

2 Likes

The suction cup feature for watching tutorials or filming yoyo tricks is worth admission alone. Waiting to find these at the local Toy Shop

2 Likes

OMG I never wanted one and now I totally want one.

2 Likes

It can suction but you might have to glue the rims back on eventually. It can do basic string tricks. Modern responsive. Get you started with off string. Heck put a rubber ball counter weight on it. The only negatives is when the string engages with the silicone during loops. It can’t really walk the dog. Spin time is low.

If you are thinking of getting it you should. It cost around 8 bucks. A beginner could go a long way with this other than 2a.

2 Likes

My sister in laws dog ate one of ours I still have the core of the yoyo but the rims where ripped right off. No big lose in the end but yeah still more sturdy than a plastic butterfly

1 Like

I been thinking about getting my nephew one of these soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.