First attempt at dying a yoyo

This is my first attempt at dying a yoyo. I did a blurple fade on a Dressel Designs 5050 Hybrid.

The dye
I used Rit Dye More sapphire blue and royal purple. The mix was 1 to 1 dye and water.

The process
After heating it up to just under a boil I lowered it half way using the set up you see in the picture for 5 minutes. I rinsed thoroughly in luke warm water first so not to shock the yoyo then under the faucet making sure I didn’t get the dye on the unfinished side. After cleaning the pot, I repeated with the next color.

I probably could have taken it out sooner but I think it turned out pretty good.

33 Likes

This looks awesome!

3 Likes

That looks great! Nicely done

1 Like

How much for you to dye mine? Good job!

That looks really good. I love my dyed 5050

At some point I want to do something with my white bolt but I keep holding off .

1 Like

I was going for something more like that, maybe a little darker. I should have checked more often. I do like how it turned out.

1 Like

A home run on the first swing. Nicely done Howard.

1 Like

Thanks Tommy

Euan,

Thank you for the confidence in me but this is the first time I’d did this. I have a few more projects to do so I can make sure I didn’t just get lucky.

Give me some time and check back in about a month and we can see about working something out

Thanks

Howard

1 Like

It’s all good man let me know if and when you ever want to dye yo-yos!

1 Like