FINGERSPIN TUTORIAL! THIS IS A TRICK EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW AND LOVE!

NEW TUTORIAL 10/12/13 - FINGERSPINS!

Alright! Finally got a fingerspin tutorial in. This is definitely a trick everyone needs to know. It’s soo fun! The aren’t really any tutorials for this trick so I thought I’d make one. Broke this one into two segments, what yoyos are good for fingerspins, and the actual tutorial. I wouldn’t want you guys trying to learn to fingerspin on a protostar :wink: Soooo, hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8XurA3ojQA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Andy!!! Now to learn. :smiley:

1 Like

Oops accidental thank you, oh well, haha

Good luck, its a crazy fun trick ;D tell me how ya do :slight_smile:

Would have helped a lot when I was learning to finger spin.

I am able to do it from a side throw but a front throw is super awkward. I’ll get it eventually.

You can do it either way. Binding will be a little harder though

I just learned it myself like a month ago haha

Had to adjust a bunch of stuff before I was actually doing it correctly since I had to teach myself…

That is true, I just want to be able to do it both ways, then experiment with some regens ;D

Nice! We have to FaceTime soon.

Gotta learn how to bind from a fingerspin first :wink:

I can bind from a side style fingerspins but not yet from a front style.

I always found landing and binding fingerspins easier from a front throw haha

I actually started to learn fingerspins from a side throw but it just didnt cut it :smiley:

Haha, when a front throw fingerspin lands on my finger, it feels awkward, because I’m used to the side style version.

You gotta get used to front throw :smiley:

Most people use it and it makes everything a little easier ;D

I can finger spin nicely, but only with my throw hand. Lol. My left hand is not at all coordinated to doing that kind of stuff.

Mine are not too bad. Got myself a yoyo that will allow me to work it more horizontal than I’ve been doing.

Andy: When YouTube asks you if you want to allow it to correct shaking that it has detected, just say “No Thanks!”. :wink: It is INCORRECTLY identifying what it thinks to be unexpected wobble, and thereby messing with your video. Just let it be how it was filmed!

Andy again: 13 minutes is REALLY long for a tutorial. I suggest scripting it and being RUTHLESS with the script. Showing the 2/3 “not good yoyos” and 1 or 2 “good yoyos” could have taken about 10 seconds! Scripts are your friend! You don’t always have to read them line by line, but you get into the mindspace of “what do I want to say and how can I say it quickly?” and then even if you ad-lib the video itself, you’re more likely to do it as intended.

Andy yet again: thanks so much for sharing this, though! Especially the parts with the frontstyle “flourish” you can add to it, and the binding section.

Getting Fingerspin binds consistently on my BvM2 since last night

Thanks for the interest guys! Fingerspins are awesome, but not enough people know it ;D

@Myself Thats rather odd haha! I wonder how you bind from that lol

@Greg thanks for the input. My tuts tend to get pretty long because I like to go really in depth with it, with tips, advice, etc. to really teach the trick and make it easier to learn. But in this case, you’re probably right, the first section that I explained which yoyos were good and and bad for fingerspins was longer than necessary :slight_smile:
I used to just do a plain hop to fingerspin without the roll at the beginning and just bind and let the yoyo fly back to my hand. After a bit with some tips from wilson I added a little more style to it and threw a bit of that into the tut.
And binds was THE problem for me when I was learning fingerspins. Landing the fingerspin itself wasnt the problem, but the bind would always get me so I wanted to give some tips on that in my tut :slight_smile:

Went from sucking and not being able to bind from fingers spins to this in 1 day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcpdgso0Glw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Thank you so much for the tutorial

I’m so jealous… I’m actually still working on that… Great job! Now add some more flair to your fingerspins :wink: