FINGERSPIN TUTORIAL! THIS IS A TRICK EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW AND LOVE!

Great tutorial! Just to let you know though the Cliff is very bad for finger spins, b/c the cup isnt actually flat it slightly bubbles out :stuck_out_tongue:

To my understanding, that’s pretty minor and I’ve heard a few people say they are great at fingerspins

Oh must just be me then, I can get them fine on my Summit and Cascade but not my Cliff :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting… My fingerspins are a little short on the Summit, they’re fine, but they aren’t amazing. And the Cascade’s cool but it spins around my finger too much when it’s full horizontal, so that really kills the spins…

Just wanted to say this is a great fingerspin tutorial. I feel like you hit all the key points on the head. For instance; slight tilt, zero tension/response, and learning the bind motion from a dead yoyo. And finally, I’d like to say I agree that it’s easiest/best with a “front throw”.

1 Like

Thanks man! Means a lot :slight_smile:

All of the tips I gave were stuff I found out when learning the trick myself. I had to adjust and correct a lot of different things when I was learning it because there’s barely any tutorials out there for it. I wanted to throw out a solid tutorial for it that listed all of the big key points to help nail the trick.

bump :slight_smile:

Bahmp

Nice! Never thought to try it at an angle before this.

It makes it so much easier and longer! Great trick unless you’re using something like a theory :smiley:

Holy moly!!! I got it! The front throw way!!! Thanks a lot Andy!

Yeah, I started learning by throwing “side style”. But I forced myself to learn the front throw and I feel like it was the smartest move I could have made.

Anyway, wanted to ask… was wondering which was best out of these three for finger spins: Strix, Shutter or Mo-Vitation.

Mo-vitation.
Strix is polishedand frankly isent deep enough. Fantastic yoyo. Just sad it didn’t live up to that expectation.
Sthutter is polished too. So sadly, again. Probably not gonna work well.

My mo is “polished” and works pretty good. I didn’t know there was any other kind of mo.

As for the shutter, I’m thinking about getting a blasted one.

The mo, the cup is blasted, the outside is polished :slight_smile:

Hmph, didn’t even notice. Used to those heavy genyo blasts I guess lol

Probably the Mo-vitation. The strix CAN do some really long fingerspins, but their a lot harder to do. It’s not too deep, and it’s polished, so it has to be all fingernail, any skin pretty much ruins it. If you’re skilled at fingerspins, the strix can be deadly at it, but it requires more precision than other throws. Haven’t tried a Shutter though…

Thanks for the advice on the Strix. I think I’ll skip that one and grab a Shutter. Then the Shutter and Mo are going head to head, whoever feels better to me will stay. The other will go.

indeed indeed!

I’ve been trying to do this for a solid like, 2 months, and I’ve made more progress in ONE day because of this tutorial than the rest of the time combined. Thank you very much. I’m surprised there haven’t been more tutorials for this since its so darn cool looking.

At this point, I can hit it about 1 out of 5 times with a solid bind. Still struggling with the bind part. Also, about 1 out of every 20 or so I end up getting the string wrapped around my finger by accident while I’m getting into the finger spin and it feels like I’m going to cut my finger off lol. Pretty rough when it happens fast.