Final Decision: Bloodcells or Buttons

OK people, my holidays are coming up and I will be making either a run of Bloodcells or Buttons for YYE, probably for release in either January or February

Read the info, check out the pictures and make a single choice. Whatever gets the most votes is what I will make.

The Bloodcell:

Modeled after the shape of a red Bloodcell, this yoyo is comfortable and very functional. It has a dimple suitable for pull starts in any direction.

Woods: beech, maple (12 of each)
Diameter: 57mm
Width: 35.3mm
Weight: 46-50g
Axle: wooden, fixed, 8mm Tasmanian oak.

The Button:

For this one, the goal was to make a classic butterfly shaped yoyo that perform well within a large weight range. The holes in the side have three purposes: to reduce weight in general (and at the center), to create a touch of float, and to aid in picking out knots. The holes penetrate straight through both halves.

It’s a really nice playing model.

Woods: white oak, zebrawood, purpleheart, wenge (6 of each)
Diameter: 56
Width: 32.3
Weight 40-53g
Axle: wooden, fixed, 8mm Tasmanian oak

Which would you like to have available at YoYoExpert early next year?

• The Bloodcell
  • The Button

0 voters

4 Likes

What would these retail at? I voted Bloodcell.

1 Like

Tough choice! I love the shape of the blood cell, but I also think the Button has a great look too and I like all the different wood choices. Went with blood cell in the end because pull starts.

3 Likes

Went with button only because I already have a bloodcell

1 Like

I’ve owned a version of both and I think I liked the blood cell more.

2 Likes

I have a blood cell, it is my favorite fixie. I voted for it, but I wanted to vote for the button because I need to pick one up.

2 Likes

I have a white Oak Button handy @d34dj3d . PM me if you’d like it.

2 Likes

That’s up to YYE,.

2 Likes

I may throw on an extra wood choice for the Bloodcell.

1 Like

Garrett need to base the retail price on what it would cost YYE per unit. He doesn’t know that yet, so he can’t say a retail price either.

In guessing it will work out about $60 retail.

5 Likes

The vote is heavily in favour of a run of Bloodcells.

Bloodcells it is!

6 Likes

I think both models are great!
I voted for the button, but I love the organic curves of the bloodcell;)

2 Likes