Few & Far Between Yoyos - THE DREAMER

Few & Far Between OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey everyone, on behalf of my wife and I, we would like to introduce you all to our yoyo company, Few & Far Between and our first yoyo, Elysium. We have been working diligently every day for the past month or so to get this dream of ours up and running. We have worked with several members of the yoyo community and we cannot thank them enough for helping us. Patrick Dressel helped our idea and vision of Elysium come to life with his CAD renders and overall knowledge of designing. We were able to have artist Chris Francz from the YoyoExpert forums do all of the artwork for it and we are speechless. Furthermore, we also partnered with Airetic Strings and we made three custom yoyo strings to match the color of each production run Elysium. We are so grateful to have had the honor and privelege to work with all of these great and talented minds in the yoyo community.

Our goal with our company is to make great quality yoyos and never cut corners. We want to bring everyone who buys our yoyo an experience. We want every concept to be unique and detailed. We go more in depth about this on our website.

Getting to Elysium, we wanted to make a high quality organic yoyo that was different and would stand out from other organic shapes on the market. To do this, Patrick went through several renders with us to make Elysium as original and unique as possible. We decided on flaring the rims out a bit at the top but not so much as to compromise the organic shape. A big thing for me was also to make Elysium feel comfortable and good in the hand. We wanted it to feel so good that you wouldn’t want to put it down. To achieve this we needed a soft string that wouldn’t burn your fingers or hands and here is where Airetic Strings come in. We spent a few days speaking about the colors and how we wanted the string to match Elysium´s colors and they knocked it out of the park. The combination of a comfortable, smooth, floaty, and stable yet powerful yoyo along with the proper string would make anyone play with Elysium for hours on end.

Let’s talk about the specs. When coming up with Elysium, we wanted a full-sized yoyo that was smooth, floaty, and stable yet powerful all in one. This is hard to achieve but we were in the best hands with Patrick. We wanted the best material, so we went with 7068 Aluminum. Some say that 7068 is the best material to make a yoyo out of other than titanium (some even believe that it can compete or is even better than titanium). We made the diameter 57 mm, width 47.1 mm, gap 4.5 mm, and weight 64.1 g. We made the gap wide so that you could land as many tricks as possible without missing the string. We believe that the weight of the yoyo is right in the “sweet spot”, it is not too heavy and not too light either. We also went with a M4*12mm axle to provide as much stability as possible. We took into account what texture and feel we wanted Elysium to have and decided on a matte beadblast to allow for the best finger, hand, thumb, and arm grinds possible. Taking all of these factors into account, we believe that this will be a high quality, fun yoyo that will fit nicely and comfortably in the hand and play to the highest standard. I always tell my wife that my main goal was for us to bring up the yoyo that I would have gone crazy about when I was little; I definitely think this is it.

Elysium will be packaged with several tokens in the boxes which go back to us wanting to provide an experience while unboxing it. This is something that we always wanted to do and have had in mind since we started Few & Far Between.

For more information about how we started Few & Far Between and Elysium check out our website and social media.

We hope that you give us a chance to gain your trust and attention.

Instagram: @fewandfarbetweenyoyos

Facebook: Few and Far Between Yoyos

!

30 Likes

!

18 Likes

22 Likes

this looks super sick!!

9 Likes

17 Likes

looking forward to it

8 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: super excited for this!

8 Likes

Exciting stuff! Looks and sounds great. Super cool that our very own @hobbygod and @ChrisFrancz are deeply involved!

9 Likes

Way to go, Can’t wait!

8 Likes

That’s hot

10 Likes

Thank you Dan!

5 Likes

Definitely! We wanted to incorporate as many people in the community as we could!

7 Likes

I love the look of it, how does it stack up to some of the newer modern organics that have come out in recent years?

6 Likes

Thank you for your interest, @lumanasty ! In terms of stacking up, we believe that Elysium will surpass most expectations. It is a full-sized organic that is made to be smooth, floaty, but at the same time stable and powerful. We went with a M4*12mm axle to provide the most stability possible. Organics that we have seen are a very traditional shape with rounded rims, so you could say ours is a bit more unique due to the flared rims. Although Elysium is a unique shape, we wanted to not compromise too much on the organic shape and have heard some people say that it looks like a mix of an O-shape and V-shape. The best of both worlds. If you have any more questions let us know! We will gladly answer any questions.

8 Likes

I must say, this spec is absolutely fantastic. I’m also a big fan of airetic strings and I love how that sharp blue color looks.

Looking forward for this throw to arrive!

9 Likes

57mm is gonna make it the float master

6 Likes

Will you be announcing details for the drop here on the forums as well? I don’t have an instagram and this throw has seriously checked off a lot of boxes for me!

5 Likes

This is a good call, will also make it very smooth

4 Likes

Yes we will announce it here as well! Don’t worry! Thank you for your interest. We really appreciate your support!

7 Likes

Exactly what Patrick and I were going for when designing it! He’s the man! Also thank you for your interest. It means a lot to us!

7 Likes