Feedback for Glenacius_K

Very pleasant experience, fast shipping and easy to work with!
Thank you!

5 Likes

This thread here is feedback for the experience ive had dealing with Glen (@Glenacius_K) of Spinworthy. Glen himself is a regular on the forums and a guy who is passionate about yoyos. Made from wood. So passionate he is, that he makes them himself by hand and sells them to anyone wanting.

I myself am a new member of the forums with very little to no ā€œstreet credā€. None of you know me, and I know it. Ive recently been into fixed axle throws and have seen that several members on the forum have spoken well of Glen and his custom made yoyos, and decided to message him about creating me a Harbinger of my own.

After messaging him about a new yoyo, he responded to my inquiry in under an hour. We discussed options over the next several days (when I had time to reply), and he was very informative on what options were available, the characteristics of the materials, and his personal preferences. I eventually settled on a white oak yoyo with a walnut axle, and he said that he would make the yoyo, show me pictures, and after I pay he will ship. As it turned out, he already had one made so I didnā€™t even have to wait for him to make it.

Payment was discussed (if he approves ill post prices), sent, and immediately approved. It was the weekend so he said he would have to wait until the post opened to ship it. Shipping is from Australia to the US, so I knew it could take a while. 10 days later the package arrives at my mailbox. The yoyo was shipped inside a little burlap yoyo bag not too dissimilar to what you would get with a tavern puzzle, an attached sticker, and stuffed inside a box with recycled plastic fill that would have cushioned the yoyo even if Ace Ventura was the delivery man.

As for the yoyo, very top notch indeed! Looks great and performs excellent. Has less string vibe than my OUT Just for Fun, spins longer, and has a better response. Fantastic product.

In summary:

• Prompt feedback
  • Will work with you personally and make exactly what you want
  • Economy Air Mail International shipping to NJ in 10 days time
  • Honest and straightforward

Would definitely do business with again! He was trusting and willing to work with an unverified forum stranger such as myself, and treated me with the proper respect that any professional business would provide. 10/10 smooth transaction.

edit: why is this 2nd post? I made this thread dammit!

6 Likes

@Glenacius_K Spinworthy Glen is awesome and stands behind all of this throws. Donā€™t ever hesitate dealing with him. Everyone on the YYE forums need a Harbinger in their collections.
20190214_124838

7 Likes

I have a huge lack of feedback here. Iā€™ve sold lots more yoyos than this.

It would be helpful if more people would give me some feedback in future.

3 Likes

Ping them via PM, I think itā€™s OK to do so if you want feedback. A few people have done it to me (asked me when I forgot) and I think itā€™s a fair thing to ask of someone, a reminder is appropriate.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve purchased several yo-yos from Glen, he makes fantastic products. Even if heā€™s making something to order he has very good communication and keeps you updated through the whole process. Donā€™t hesitate to purchase from him, craftsmanship is top notch!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve bought two of Glenā€™s creations. I donā€™t know much about fixed axle, but I thought they were both exceptionally crafted. The first time I bought a yo-yo from him, Glen added another one for free and even agreed to burn my initials on one of them at no extra charge. I think the posts above pretty much cover everything else, so Iā€™ll refrain from reiterating the same things. Iā€™ll just say this, if youā€™re looking to get into fixed axle, donā€™t hesitate to buy this manā€™s throws.

2 Likes

Wait this is an option? I changed my mind Glen, Iā€™ll take a wooden yo-yo with the words ā€œDEATH TO DV888ā€ burned on it

5 Likes

I can do that. Iā€™ll add you to the list.

8 Likes

Glen is a great guy, really pleasant to deal with and his yoyos are top notch. Iā€™ve purchased from him twice now and hope to again in the near future!

If you donā€™t already own a Spinworthy Harbinger youā€™re missing out!

1 Like

Knows a lot about making yoyos. Makes the best fixies Iā€™ve tried.

3 Likes

@Kieran, I really need to get my hands on more of your strings if I can.

Iā€™m hoping you have some new types I could try!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been remiss in not posting in this thread sooner! Iā€™ve had a couple of interactions with @Glenacius_K now, and each one has been extremely positive. After drooling over the Spinworthy yoyos for months over in this thread I ended up missing Glenā€™s announcement that the days of custom orders were drawing to a close. When I messaged him Glen was very gracious and was able to scare up a couple of yoyos that he was willing to part with anyway :smiley:

Since then I managed to snag a small collection of several older Spinworthy yoyos and a new KNack. Iā€™m thrilled to have each one, and I wonā€™t hesitate to do business with Glen again in the future.

(Shameless solicitation: if anyone wants to part with a Burley let me know :heart_eyes:)

6 Likes

As you all know here, @Glenacius_K s_k is totally reliable for doing business :slight_smile:
I lost the opportunity to buy a KNack in yoyoexpert because they ā€œflewā€ in a short time and I contacted Glen, who kindly made me one and I could also buy him a hedgehog and an orphan.
Fast shipping, well packed everything and ropes and gift stickers :slight_smile:
I am very satisfied, I would buy again without a doubt!
thanks @Glenacius_k !!!:grin:IMG_20200207_101416|375x500

5 Likes

i also want to leave props to @Glenacius_K. well packaged, great pieces, thank you glen!

3 Likes

Iā€™m now considering changing my username to ā€˜Glenarious_Kā€™.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, it was a typošŸ˜‚.hahaha
I correct it right away, colleague :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Glenacius_K was my first b/s/t transaction. Everything went smoothly. Communication was on point and he was upfront about a possible delay. Everything arrived packed well and in top condition.

100% recommend this guy!

3 Likes

I just got my KNack and everything is fine.

3 Likes

Just bought some one of a kind blood cells from him and they are amazing!! Great guy to work with, great communication and fast shipping!!

Thanks!!!

3 Likes