Favorite YoYo Colors...Got One?

Nice pics…i’ve never tried, but never thought of painting the inside. Clear makes a lot of sense from that perspective…thanks.

I just got my Foxland Thunder Wasp… Black with White Rings. Looks sweet to me. White as an accent color is cool… just not White as the main color. I just don’t like it for some odd reason.

Sounds beautiful…I agree white is better as a secondary color on a yoyo. By the way, gold is okay, only problem I have with gold is that it’s still paint and some advertised gold look yellow in person…hit or miss with them. Can they make a solid brass yoyo so it’s naturally gold? That would be awesome…I’d buy.

I’m probably gonna get a white Volume sometime fore some blacklight stuff.

XminusmikeX does the painting he does to the FHZ’s on the inside. Never touched, so it can never chip, scratch, peel or nick. Plus, it gives it amazing “depth”.

I see…makes total sense now. I’m clueless in that area, so I learned something today for sure. It’s interesting reading all the preferences too. I know this is a weird question to some of you, but if you buy 2 of the same splash or acid wash yoyo…is the design exactly the same on each yoyo, or can it look random from yoyo to yoyo? Not sure how that’s done at the factory. I never paid much attention to that detail.

Each are unique.

What they do is for Splash is take a raw yoyo and put it in the anno they want for the splash colour and then “splash” rubber cement on it then dip it the colour they want for the main colour. Then all they have to do is take the rubber cement off.

[/quote]
Each are unique.

What they do is for Splash is take a raw yoyo and put it in the anno they want for the splash colour and then “splash” rubber cement on it then dip it the colour they want for the main colour. Then all they have to do is take the rubber cement off.
[/quote]
Wow…I was almost certain you’d say they’d be identical…that sounds so involved. But for the price of the high end stuff, I guess they should be unique, but when it comes to me buying guitars, even if they are plain wood, no paint, the wood grain design is different and sometimes the color. Good thing is, with a guitar, you can see in person before you buy. A yoyo bought online…you get what you get. If I did buy splash, I’d like to select it…i’m kinda picky I guess. But I know you get what you get…

Yeah I was faced with taking a risk when it came to me buying the DV888 in red with black splash because in the photo the one up there was not so good looking but I went for it anyway and got a really nice looking splash one.

You just got to hope for the best. :smiley:

I bought a splash yuuksta from the expert and I felt like the one I got had something of an imperfection to it. There was a weird spot that really stood out instead of looking random like a splash should. The great thing about ordering from this store is I’ve never been hassled on a return. They took my yuuksta back and sent me another one that I liked better. I think you can feel pretty safe about ordering here.

Good to know you can do that. C=

I thought it was just me who cared about the details, good to know that others do too. In the case of the imperfection, they should do some better quality assurance before it leaves the factory to prevent that. It is nice to know that YYE has a good return policy on an exchange. I wish you had a photo of that one with the imperfection, I’m curious how it looked. I’m the type to have noticed it also. I’m kinda weird with flaws and stuff. If I REALLY like something a lot, I’ll buy two, one that I don’t mind messing up so much, and another to keep pristine. I don’t know if it’s O.C.D., but I have two Dark Magic II yoyos…a black and a blue. The blue has never been thrown, but the black is bouncing off the floor sometimes. I have three Freehand Zeros, black, red and blue, and the clear light up version. I play with the red and blue one and the light up, but the black is never thrown…odd huh?

Lol, I searched my gmail and still had the email with the pic attached. It’s really poor quality, from a cell phone camera, but you can see the silver streak that just didn’t seem right to me. I’m guessing alot of people would have just considered it part of the splash randomness, but it would have driven me insane.

Another lol, I have the same OCD with keeping my yoyo’s nice too. Way back when the yoyojam spinfaktor was the big thing, I bought a blue version and have never played it to this day. My original green version is all beat up and the plastic is all cracked. I wish I could afford another blue super g so I could keep one mint, it’s not often I love a yoyo and get the color I want.

Ahhh…I see what you mean…that streak doesn’t match the rest of it, and looks like a smear that happened by accident or something. I wouldn’t like it either. If it was not on the face of the yoyo…maybe I’d let it go, but I wouldn’t want to keep seeing it…it would drive me nuts. Weird thing about that OCD is that I know I love the yoyo right now, so I’ll buy two different colors, but eventually I’ll fall in love with something else more, and the second yoyo will end up in the buy, sell, trade section. Although I know it…somehow I can’t resist lol.

Right now i’m liking the red on my ProtoStar. I’ve always liked the Aqua color on the DV888, even though i haven’t seen one in person, but i’ll get mine soon (should arrive in a couple of days) so i’ll see if it’s as good as i thought. :wink:
But i, for one, actually like Splashes. I’d absolutely Love to get my (soon to get) Aqua DV888 splashed with white. Never seen it but i can just imagine it looking good. :slight_smile:
And if it turns out i don’t like it, i don’t see why i couldn’t get another one.
As for other yoyos that i like the color of but haven’t seen is the green, blue, purple and black POPstars. Period. Yeah… Ellipses… Period again. Ok I’ll stop. :-X

Special colorways: Meteorite, Clareview Station, Thunderstorm
Solid: blue, red, purple, raw/nickel

berenguel peak uggh im going to go get new pants now… ;D

Well, there is a number of colourways that I really appreciate when it comes to yoyos so I shall just make a specified list for you all!

My number one favored colourway is:

Onedrop sodablast clear coat. Honestly, there is just too much class when it comes to the sodablasting they specifically do. Does anyone out there know of any other people that do sodablast? I’d love to get some throws done that way…

Here is the rest of them:

Red
Black
Bape colourway
Slaughterhouse.
Thunderstorm

Well, there is quite a lot of colorways that I like. I was able to narrow it down to two. “The Works” to me is just an awesome colorway, so that there. The other is a green with any kind of acid or splash. I love the Winter green peak (Green with white splash), but I also love green/gold acid. Also, Raw Ti has a beautiful color as well

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/Page_Preinfalk/IMG_06851.jpg

The color pink is sometimes enough to sell me on a yoyo. Other than that I like blue, I guess, but pink is really what I want.