Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

It’s not technically retro, but has anyone bought and received a Play Date?

2 Likes

Do it. :japanese_ogre:

Current AGB-001GBA Build Update:

Goodbye AA’s hello 1700mAh USB-C lipo pack (and soon wireless charging with a soldered on Wireless Qi Power Inductive Coil.) :grin::partying_face::star_struck::sunglasses::nerd_face:

Just got home from work and grabbed my flush cutters and got down to work, I’ll go back in with an x-acto knife and clean up the white stress marks and give it a quick alcohol q-tip bath to look all uniform and pretty later. I’ll also need to mill three small holes with a drill bit on my gold battery cover so it’ll perfectly fit my USB-C port. I’m glad I grabbed a couple of these for my current build and the next one I’m waiting for in the mail. :blush:

4 Likes

Alright fellow retro nerds. How do I play Windwaker on the go? Everything I have is too weak. Thinking I need an Odin to get the job done… Would I be able to emulate on a pixel 4a 5g?

3 Likes

It’s an original xl

1 Like

pirating/emulating gameboy games, retro gaming hardware too expensive now, for the price of 2 gameboys now i could buy a ps5. (a bit of a hyperbole)

3 Likes

The Miyoo Mini V2 has won my heart. I have giant hands, and it’s the size of a deck of cards, but it just works. Scraping box art now.

12 Likes

Just looked this up. Looks super cool. I’m completely ignorant as to how I put games on these though. Does it come with games? If not is it easy to get them? What’s the procedure?

1 Like

Most of them come preloaded with games, but of course they aren’t necessarily exactly what you want. You can google ‘gametitle’ rom and find many sites where you can snag them. Then I use Retro Game Corps’ written guide to set up OnionOS and get the games on. Took me about 20 minutes from pulling it out of my mailbox to having it set up how I want. Highly recommended!

3 Likes

Also this game is hella good. What’s the last retro game everyone played/is playing?

7 Likes

My favorite retro handheld game is the yoyo.

(c’mon, nobody said it yet!)

Ivan

6 Likes

Some Drill Dozer and D bearings. What a great way to start a Sunday.

10 Likes

Currently playing through LOZ: A Link to the Past on my RG350M, but I keep that at work for bathroom breaks

4 Likes

I started with Mario Brothers back in the day with the original (mono) Gameboy.

8 Likes

Ahhhh those new(ish) minis are awesome. Still thinking of grabbing the Zelda one, but I have so many ways to play it already.

3 Likes

They have one for Zelda? Oh my… :wink:

2 Likes

Haha heck yeah they do. It’s the original Legend of Zelda for NES, same as that Mario one. Hard to justify the cost though when an emulation handheld hovers around the same price and can do so much more!

The aesthetics though are to die for.

3 Likes

I’m a Nintendo guy :wink:

11 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Thanks !!! I’m a big fan of handhelds :grin: